Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last 9000 miles has been on a '05 ZX6R. It is a real great track day bike and a blast to ride, like a half power superbike, but I am beginning to think it is too narrowly focused.

Having no wind protection, racing seating position with low bars and a pillion seat that is just one step short of violating the Geneva Convention...

So I have been looking at trading for a new ZZR600. Any one have experience with these? Basically the same bike Kawasaki called the ZX6R '98-2002...

Can't afford a VFR or ST3 so will this be a good compromise between sport and street?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Sport Tourer

I'm not sure that you're really going to get that much more comfort or touring capability from an 05+ ZZR600. The PRE-2005 ZZR 600 would actually be a much better sport tourer.

Maybe you could keep your 05 6R as a track bike/roadburner and buy an older ZZR 600, aka ZX-6E as an additional bike. You could probably pick up a mint ZX-6E for $3k.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Sporttourer+commuter=BUSA!

Comfy, no wind, and fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the dealership in Hot Springs has a beautiful anniversary special white/silver one but I don't think I can come up with the coins...It would be a little heavier than I wanted and a little sportier in the ergonomics and a little too much on the rear tire bill I would imagine...

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
smileyman said:
...I have been looking at trading for a new ZZR600. Any one have experience with these? Basically the same bike Kawasaki called the ZX6R '98-2002...
Not too sure if the older US ZZR-600 is the same as the Aus one, but ours is a great bike. It's the same size as the 250, just with upgraded brakes, tyres and, of course, a few extra cc's. There's more cosmetic differences between them on the later models.

I'm trying to convince Mrs Tree to let me trade-in the 250 and move back up to the 600. The '99 model, which our 250 is, even has exactly the same colour-scheme.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
its a great bike with gentle ergos compared to the new 600's, my son wants one now himself, theres one in Fayetteville with his drool all over it :drool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well with out looking I just posted a similar thread here in the forum. :hello: (I'm a dork)

I don't have any real experience with the bike yet, just got mine about 85 miles ago, but when looking I was in the same spot as it sounds like you are in now. I too looked at the VFR and ST1300 before gong with the zzr. I really liked both of the other bikes, but in the end for the amount of actual sport-touring I would be doing I felt the st1300 was too much bike to move in and out of the garage, load up, ect. for my short commute to work. The VFR has a very similar seat position as the ZZR, has available hard bags, is a very proven popular bike, but insurance was higher, similar years and mileage bikes are more expensive and I figured since it's been awhile since I've ridden a sportbike the 600cc would be better for me. When our son is a bit older and it is easier for my wife and I to get out together for a weekend I may upgrade, but for right now I think it will work fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts