Sportbike World banner

zxrider is a new Daddy!

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  DaDuck748 
#1 ·
Daughter, Danielle, 8.0 lbs, born on Sunday morning, 5/23.

Baby and Mom are doing well and recovering nicely.

So, Mom and Dad are already debating- What is the appropriate age for kiddo to get into motorcycling? I say 4, she says not until 5. Either way, we definitely have another future rider to add to our ranks!

#4 ·
Many congrats. Its a wild, but fun ride.

My wife and I discussed the riding aspect as well. 5 was our concensus, after polling members at a few different sites, so that's our target. But we've started by giving him a battery-operated go cart for his first Christmas, which he loves to sit in and play with the horn, starter, and accelerator :D

#6 ·
zxrider said:
So, Mom and Dad are already debating- What is the appropriate age for kiddo to get into motorcycling? I say 4, she says not until 5. Either way, we definitely have another future rider to add to our ranks!
i say right after he gets bicycling down good, go for it (even if you have to wait until he's 5). :thumb:

#7 ·
Mental note, make doctors appoitment for vasectomy;)

#9 ·
And congrats to the new Daddy. :D

4, 5, 6, whatever. I think it great that you and the wifey are good with even the idea of the kid and motorcycles.

Outside of... well, me, my entire family is pretty much against the whole 2 wheels idea. So I got a late start.

Again, Congrats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.