Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter, Danielle, 8.0 lbs, born on Sunday morning, 5/23.

Baby and Mom are doing well and recovering nicely.

So, Mom and Dad are already debating- What is the appropriate age for kiddo to get into motorcycling? I say 4, she says not until 5. Either way, we definitely have another future rider to add to our ranks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats on the new addition :thumb:

They make training wheels and throttle restrictors for alot of the 50's out there. My next door neighboor started his kid at 3 :D

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Many congrats. Its a wild, but fun ride.

My wife and I discussed the riding aspect as well. 5 was our concensus, after polling members at a few different sites, so that's our target. But we've started by giving him a battery-operated go cart for his first Christmas, which he loves to sit in and play with the horn, starter, and accelerator :D

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Congrats! :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
zxrider said:
So, Mom and Dad are already debating- What is the appropriate age for kiddo to get into motorcycling? I say 4, she says not until 5. Either way, we definitely have another future rider to add to our ranks!
i say right after he gets bicycling down good, go for it (even if you have to wait until he's 5). :thumb:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Mental note, make doctors appoitment for vasectomy;)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Tippmann said:
Mental note, make doctors appoitment for vasectomy;)

... (trying VERY hard to refrain from making any comments) ...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
And congrats to the new Daddy. :D

4, 5, 6, whatever. I think it great that you and the wifey are good with even the idea of the kid and motorcycles.

Outside of... well, me, my entire family is pretty much against the whole 2 wheels idea. So I got a late start.

Again, Congrats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts