Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ridden the zx9r and thought it was one of the most comfortable sport bikes I have ridden. Since they dont make them anymore, I was kinda looking at the 10r. I have never ridden one and was wondering how they compare to the zx9r. I know they are fast as hell and look good. But are they comfortable? I currently have a 1998 Cbr 900rr and I feel that is not all that comfortable. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have you tried sitting on one? Go to the dealer and find out for yourself. What might be comfy to one, may not be to the other.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would if I could. Right now there are none at the dealership. I have noticed a few around town but have not been able to sit on one yet.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I haven't upgraded for the reason that you stated: the ZX9R is too comfortable. Plenty of juice. 9 times out of 10, it will hold its own with any other bike on the road. I say that because usually the other riders aren't too great.

You should just ask someone with a 10 if you can sit on it. I can pretty much guarantee you it will be like sitting on a plank.

The 9 can go for long trips, but I don't see to many guys on 10s on road trips.

Depends on what you're going to do with the bike. For cool points, frightening speed, cruising around town, stunting, and/or track days, then it's the 10 hands down. For everything else, there's the 9. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts