Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2000 zx9r headlights wont work. fuses are fine. what the hell could be the problem!!! some ne please help!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Check your wires and your bulbs... also make sure your key is turned all the way:twofinger I take it that it starts and the other lights are working, if not check your battery and get a battery tender to help it if need be. I know I'm stating the more obvious solutions, but hey help is help:D One more thing is to make sure there isn't any water aroudn the fuses, my bike lights tend to go out after I wash the bike due to water. Good luck, and I hope its something simple.

Sepias

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. i did wash it the other day. i will check for water. everything works fine. starts up, all other lights work. everything seems to be dry though. thanks. anyother ideas out there?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well for anyone who cares, or for anyone who runs into this problem. my answer to the problem was the wire harness was routed under the the air box. over time the harness was worn down and the power wire to the headlights was worn in half. cut it, spliced a new wire, some electrical tape, and bam! fixed.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Glad to hear its working, and that it wasn't anything major.

Sepias

1 - 5 of 5 Posts