Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own an F3 that I use for commuting every day and some weekend twisties. Price not being an issue, which do you guys think would be a good all arounder for me to replace the F3 with? I've been reading that the ZX7 runs like a pig, but no one has said what it takes to make it run...
Any help would be great!

P.S. I'm leaning toward the 7.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have a '99 ZX-6R that I love
It's fast, comfy, and looks great! :)
I have ridden an F4 and didn't like it as much as the ZX-6R, good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
653 Posts
hehe, don't listen to mustang riders, they are used to poor handling bad braking machines! :D I couldn't resist!

The brakes on the 98 ZX6r I road a dozen or so times had horrible horrible brakes. I don't know if they fixed them for 99, or if his perhaps had some air in the line. Also, the ZX6r in 98 gave almost zero feedback. People would say "wow, it corners so easy" but to me, no feedback and being to easy to lean over, is a bad thing. It left me wondering where it's limits were, because it sure wouldn't tell me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same feedback problem with my F3. I found it's limit... LOWSIDE! No warning, it just let go. Maybe it's the 207's, mabe it's the bike.
Anyone have the same trouble with the ZX7r?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have owned a 1998 F3 (which I loved). It never did anything I didn't want her too. It had good feed back and enough power to get me into trouble. I sold my F3 and got the F4, which is better in EVERY dept. It has more power, same comfy riding position, better feed back (at least with the 207's).

The ZX 6 is also a good ride. I haven't had the chance to ride one, but from all the info I have been reading it's just like the F4.

And for the ZX 7 I think Robert might be able to help you. But I think it is a little under powered for it's weight.

But I wouldn't worry about the power on any of these bikes, I'm a bigger guy (be nice guys) and my F4 has enough power to run with anybody (unless were doing a top speed run).

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just to clarify as Hamster made it sound like I said the F3 had little feedback. I said I had an F3, and the feedback was superb, but the 98 ZX6R had zero feedback.

That said, it could be partially the D207s. I preferred the old D204s, personally. They offerred more feedback, were more flickable, and were ready to hit the edge of the tire within 1 second of riding (as I did on several occasions, what was I thinking?) The 207 warmup is not much at all, but it was noticable I could ride on my 204s hard from the instant I got on the bike.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Rob Nance said:
hehe, don't listen to mustang riders, they are used to poor handling bad braking machines! :D I couldn't resist!

Watch it Mister!!! LOL ;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I know you didn't want to hear this but...

Which one do you like the looks and feel of better? Each of the three perform about the same on the street. Yes the ZX-7R is a 750 but the ZX-6R and F4i both can run right on the 7's heels now. The 7 is very heavy for it's hp output. There just isn't much difference in the 3 bikes when it comes to potential street performance.

Just my $.02 :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
Really depends on what kind of riding you want to do. The zx-6 is probably more comfortable than the 7. The 7 is more stable than the six, and probably better for 2-up riding. Engine performance-wise, they're pretty much the same, but the 7 offers more room for inprovement.
All of these bikes are overkill for most street situations, and unless you routinely spin your rear tire and loft the front wheel while coming out of corners, any of these bikes should have enough power for you. If you want to do tricks, then go with the lighter 6. My .02.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts