Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, ive got a 92 zx7r (with the flatside carbs). I saw a swingarm extender on roaringtoyz.com and wondering if anyone here had used one. (it says 92=01) in the yaer range. I like the idea of a longer bike but i dont know if it would be good. My bike is geared differently than stock so how would this affect me?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
By adding a longer swingarm, you'll make your bike easier to launch at the dragstrip.
It will also make your bike less willing to go around curves, and you'll need a longer chain.

Bottom line - good for the strip, not so good for the street.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm. I am a big fan of straight line power, but i dont want to make the bike "hard" to ride. My main concern is gearing. I dont want to have to change my gearing as well as getting a different chain, but just getting the chain isnt a big deal.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
"Hard" to ride is a relative term - Reality is that the ZX7 is a good bike, but overweight & underpowered to be a good basis for a dragbike. You'll be getting spanked by 600s. If you really want to do it, go ahead, you won't have to change your gearing......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its a waste of money. your bike is already front heavy and predictable to launch (and not easy to wheelie) it tends to want to low side in the corners if your not on the gas pretty good, extending the swing arm will make this trait worse. and the previos posters were right if you go to the strip you'll be getting beat by any newer 600. not trying to knock your bike thats just my opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts