Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting the zx6r for a long time, but I want to be sure that its the bike for me. After reading a lot of threads I am learning that the zx6r is too much on the high rev.
I dont plan on going to tracks or going super fast for that matter, I just want something that will handle well on commutes and just overall cruising around town.

Can someone list advantages and disadvantages to the two bikes?

I want to make a sound decision when it comes to getting my new bike. My old bike was a 93 ZX6 and it did pretty well, but I know that the newer 600's are a lot faster and different.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
66 Posts
i bought an 05 636 after looking at both, just thought the 636 had the newer style i was looking for, very comfy, and i'm a big guy 6'2". i ride 30 miles each way to work. feels good under me. but then again, ZZR is 2500 cheaper.:confused:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
The ZZR is the same as the old model (pre-'03 I think) ZX6R. In '03, they redesigned the suspension to make it liveable on the 6R. In '05 there was significant engine redesign to the 6R.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im just asking this because everyone says that todays sportbikes are too quirky and easy to lose control of...So im just wondering if the ZZR is a better choice for a person like me that justs wants to cruise and commute to work...

·
Registered
109 Posts
fauzt0 said:
im just asking this because everyone says that todays sportbikes are too quirky and easy to lose control of...So im just wondering if the ZZR is a better choice for a person like me that justs wants to cruise and commute to work...
For comfort Yes. Is it the bike you'll be happy with? Only you can decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts