Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these? I found a good deal on an 05, and was looking for some feedback.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I guess thats really the ultimate feedback... liked it enough he had to get another one...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I will say one thing, the little wings on the front of that thing are cool. I don't care how much of a geek I am forr saying that. The 12r just looks fast.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does it compare to a 10? I know its bigger, but is the power band about the same, or is it smoother, Etc?

·
Registered
376 Posts
why is the 12r considered by a lot of people to be a "sport-tourer"? I've heard some talk of it on the touring forum. hell, it looks like a supersport to me:confused:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
ESanders2 said:
why is the 12r considered by a lot of people to be a "sport-tourer"? I've heard some talk of it on the touring forum. hell, it looks like a supersport to me:confused:
Its heavier, more comfortable, and less handling than a race rep. Its also got a wider powerband at the expance of peak power.
Sort of like the busa.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Check out those links in my first post, V, you'll be surprised at which bikes the 12 beat around a circuit.....

I've never rode a 10, so I can't compare them, but I have sat on one, and I know the 12 is more roomy. I expect it's easier to keep on the ground, and more stable, but that's just speculation.

I'd say that if you want to go to the track, build a dragster, or do tricks, the 12 is not your best choice. If you want a road bike that can do everything, with the emphasis on performance, then the 12 is a good choice.....

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I'm not knocking down the bike bro, the 12 is great. Just explaining why its considered a sporttourer. I suppose I could've summed it up by saying that since there is no racing class for it to fit in, its not a race bike. Not that it makes it any less of a machine.. I havent ridden the 12, but I know from expirience how much crap there is going in the rumors. Like the busa's being heavy and not handling worth a damn.. yeah.. keep dreaming.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want a powerfull bike. I don't think I need all the power of the 10, nor would I be able to use it all, but I want something that can pull the wheel up if I want it to. How is the resale/demand for the 12r?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LOL, if you all you are looking for is to lift the front wheel, the 636 will do that just fine!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats not all I am looking for. I want power and I like the ability of it for long rides. I live in KS, so twisties are hard to come by, and track days are nonexistent. I seriously doubt that I would be doing any wheelies on it, I just like to know that I can. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A match made in heaven. I am waiting on my insurance rep to call me back. This will probably kill it all.:crying:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
ZX-10R vs ZX-12R

It would be an utter shame to own a ZX-10R without twisty roads or track days! Having ridden both the 10 and 12, I would say that the 12 would be the better choice for the type of riding you're talking about. Personally, I find the 12 to be more "user friendly". More torque, low-mid range power than the 10R. More comfortable riding position. Better suited to short tours or riding with a passenger than the 10. The 12 is also substantially heavier (by about 90 pounds)

I must say though that the 10R was the most intense, and impressive machine I've ever ridden. What a bike!

In terms of power, you wouldn't be having a lack of it on either of these bikes. They both put down about 160 rear wheel hp. Power wheelies will definitely not be a problem!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my 05 ZX-12R!! PLENTY of power from about 3k and up. I wouldn't say it is the most comfortable bike for long rides, 100 to 150 miles at a time is about all I can take without a nice little break. Bought mine in April and have just over 6,000 miles on it with no problems, so far! Make sure you budget extra for tires, the rear only last 2500 to 3000 miles, for me anyway and I don't ride it too hard.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
nickshawn said:
I love my 05 ZX-12R!! PLENTY of power from about 3k and up. I wouldn't say it is the most comfortable bike for long rides, 100 to 150 miles at a time is about all I can take without a nice little break. Bought mine in April and have just over 6,000 miles on it with no problems, so far! Make sure you budget extra for tires, the rear only last 2500 to 3000 miles, for me anyway and I don't ride it too hard.
Corbin seat & Bridgestone bt014 tires...
I recently rode cross country (2840 miles) on a set of bt's after putting well over 1500 miles on them. I've been doing a lot of riding here in Cali over the past 6 weeks, and am just now ready for a new rear................The only thing I don't like about the 12 is the terrible gas mileage........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts