Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying either a Yamaha-R6 or a Kawasaki ZX-9R. Does anyone have a year 2000 ZX-9R. if so, how do you like it and would you recommend buying it? Or if anyone has any comments on either of these 2 bikes, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I do have a zx9r and love it but would not suggest it or the r6 for a first bike.If you could give some info for us we all could give you some great bikes that fit your needs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I also have a 2000 9R and love it. For me, being a taller rider, it is more comfortable and has more than enough power. I agree with qbclub13. This is not a bike to learn on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
is this guy implying a bike like this for his first ride?....i hope not let me tell you buddy the 2000 zx-9r is one bad mother it is the most comfortable bikes out there with some major power. let me tell you i am almost to 1000 miles on it so far yesterday messing around on a open hwy at 3 oclock in the morning in full gear with a buddy of mine. he raced ahead of me and i went to catch up i passed him in the left lane after i got out of his for that slit second of off the throotle and back to jamming in down again while i passed him at 140 mpr he told me later dude you had the front off the ground at least 3 inchs. you wanna know the scarry part my son? i didnt even knew that it lifted. this is not a bike for a beginner but a kawasaki cycle....nothing screams like em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts