Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How goes it? I just wanted to see how many people out there are riding the Kawi's 9R still. Thought that I could find some fellow rider's we are becoming a rare breed.So love to here/take a look at what you have. I personally don't have pictures yet but will give a short list of mods.

underbody
tail hugger
anidized chain
REAL carbonfiber tank protector
LP speedscreen
polished sprocket
polished laser cut rims
full Akrapovic 4-1 w/CF racing pipe
jetted blah blah blah
fender eliminator kit yatta yatta
oh and it's sitting in my garage awaiting my frame to be polished.
and thats it. look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
awesome bike though i no longer kawi - saki :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NEW!!!`

Now I just picked up a parts bike and chrome levers. witch should be in anyday now. really though would just like to here about your bikes.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Don't have any recent pictures close at hand (somewhere on my computer, but could not find them). Below is a photo from a trip to FL in 2001, on way back.

No polishing, all stock exterior.
Dyna 2000 ignition
jetted with Factory jet kit
Hindle 4into2into1 SS exhaust
Reworked fork tubes and shock, by Race Tech
Corbin solo seat
Targa rear cover
Auto Com intercom/audio system
LP Speedscreen
Built in Valentine 1 radar/laser detector
Legal Speeding detector optical transmitter for helmet
gel filled hand grips
throttle lock
K&N air filter
Amsoil lubrication
UltraLight ductile iron floating rotors by Ferodo
Galfer SS brake and clutch lines
Formotion clock
buncha soft luggage for long distance touring.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Picture did not post. Here is another try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
very cool ! :cool: :thumb:

·
Registered
675 Posts
sold mine in sept. upgrading to a 10r. Great bike. See my profile for pics. I sure did love it. I put over 25K on that bike.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
so is the 10r gonna be green ? or that cool black ! anyway congrats :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
cool....new wallpaper!:D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I rode from the Seattle area to Daytona Beach, Florida on that trip in the photo. 4000 miles one way, did it in 6 days. Stopped in Lake Charles, LA, Houston, TX, and stayed in Tucson for a week and a half on my way back. My left hand was totally numb for 10 days after I got to Daytona. Would not do that again on a sportbike, unless it had raised bars like maybe a FJR1300 or VFR with heli bars. ( next time I think I will take a cruiser or a touring bike.)

When I was riding through Dallas at night (trying to find my motel), a guy on a sportbike up on the back wheel went by me, and he weaved in and out of traffic for about 6 miles, then exited the freeway still up on the back wheel. Never seen anything like it. A bike was following him, I think filming it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so yeah took plastics and stuff off to polish my frame well when i brought them to a friends house where the rest of my bike was my buddy crashed whit my parts in the car.now I have to go after the lady who hit him for replacement parts.This is a new level of suck!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
ahhhhh grasshopper...you are on but level 2 of suck....

confucius say, friend haul parts friend help you get parts back...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no friend doesn't help get parts back I have to go after the lady that hit him personally!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Heres to hope'n that your sister is a lawyer :thumb: good luck though bro hope you recoup your loss...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts