Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't get it... why does the big zx0-7r have a seat height that's over an inch shorter than the smaller brother zx-6r? (31.1" vs 32.3"). I currently have a zx-6 and was looking to get something different. now im only 5'3 and i have short arse legs. i get the balls of my feet down on the short zx-6 (30.7"). i sat on my friend's zx-6r and that thing was too tall.. couldn't reach my toes on any side... now i'm considering the zx-7r since the seat height is so low... what you guys think? i know it's a heavy bike but i don't think it's that much heavier than my zx-6. im a whopping 5'3 and 135lbs

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The 7, which is a racebike from a decade ago, was built longer & lower than today's sportbikes. It was built to be supremely stable & strong, with the tradeoff being more weight.

The 6 has a shorter wheelbase, less weight, and is built to ridden like a racebike with the riders' weight placed far forward. The seat height accentuates this.

I was surprised to see that the seat height of the 6 was a good bit higher than that of my 12.

Get whichever bike you're more comfortable with. The difference in skill between you & whoever happens to be riding next to you at the moment is going to be much greater than the performance difference between the 2 bikes....

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Kawi has the least friendly ergonomics of all the manufacturers. Check out the new gixxers (Izzy is going to love this) for a lower seat height. I'm 5'9" and I cant flat foot a zx10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts