Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in the amidst of choosing between the 12r and the 750. This is how I see it. My body fits the 12r. When I sit on it. I feel as if though the bike was molded for me. The 750 it seems a little tight where my legs are.

Now the power of the 12 is cool. But I don't know if it will handle like the 750 or at least close to it. They won't let me test ride it.

What do you guys know about the maintenance, or the repairs of the bikes? Which do you think I will spend more money keeping it up in shape?

For those who own either. What do you spend monthly or whenever it is that you do for repairs or services?

Throw in some advice to help sway me from one to another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can get the 12, go for it. There's not a whole lotta difference in the two if you're looking at the 1/4 mile. There's a big price difference, though.

-Bud

·
Registered
546 Posts
DragonSlayer said:

What do you guys know about the maintenance, or the repairs of the bikes? Which do you think I will spend more money keeping it up in shape?

Maintenence =they should be about the same.
Repairs =Kawasaki's don't break :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont know this for a fact, but i bet the zx-12 will cost you in the long run with maintenance. It has a HUGE engine (meaning tires wear out faster from all the power)....but other then that nothing else comes to mind. Thats a tough choice, if the Zx-12 is not considered a sportbike then it appears you will win in the insurance department. You gotta compare, ask quotes on both bikes.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Before I can even begin to answer your question I need to ask you a very important one.

"What do you want to do with your sportbike once you buy it?"

The ZX12R and GSXR750 are two TOTALLY different bikes and are made for two completly different markets.

·
Registered
653 Posts
What Robert said. It's like saying "I'm thinking about buying a Ford Mustang GT or a Ford F350 Super Duty, which is better?" :) Not a slam, just two very different bikes, although they may look similiar (sportbike looks).

ZX12r, porky, not good in twisties (compared to gsxr750), BUT more comfortable, more power, quicker in a straightline, higher top speed. More of a sport tourer geared sportbike.

GSX-R 750, light, flickable in the twisties, better brakes, BUT less comfortable, less power but not much slower (limited by front wheel staying down on both, moreso on ZX12r). Pure bred sportbike, meant to go fast while leaned over, and do everything else great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
DragonSlayer

Let me be the first to say congrads on the 12. I think you'll really be happy with it.

Only problem with the bike is the break-in.

check out this site http://pub31.ezboard.com/bbigbikeland
it's a site dedicated just to the 12. We even get Doug Meyer from Muzzy's to answer questions. He's a tremendous resource.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts