Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh man that is Sweet :drool:

I can't wait to see and check one out in person :)

So if Kawasaki said "Best Power-to-Weight Ratio in its Class"

Then I guess it's like 350LBS dry weight and 160HP :burnout:

I'll take the green one :cool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thank God they did not go with undertail exhaust that would be too much like a 998 Duc or the new Honda 600RR

I like the exhaust on the side the undertail exhaust will burn your ass after a few hours plus you can't see the looks of a sweet carbon fiber or titanium exhaust :p

Just wait until it smokes the competition :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Drei said:
Thank God they did not go with undertail exhaust that would be too much like a 998 Duc or the new Honda 600RR

I like the exhaust on the side the undertail exhaust will burn your ass after a few hours plus you can't see the looks of a sweet carbon fiber or titanium exhaust :p

Just wait until it smokes the competition :)
ya until the honda 998 comes out, with the really power to weight specs of 160 hp 350 lbs dry weight......what other company do you know that made their 2002 and 2003 model 900cc bikes lighter than their brand spanking new 600cc model....
ya you guessed it HONDA;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
last year when the new gixxer 1000 was released, everyone went off on how ugly it was. as soon as the power stats were released people were lining up to buy one. this bike is art compared to the gsxrK, and if what Kaw claims is true, people will line up to buy it as well.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:
ya until the honda 998 comes out, with the really power to weight specs of 160 hp 350 lbs dry weight......what other company do you know that made their 2002 and 2003 model 900cc bikes lighter than their brand

I might be mistaken, but I think the new Gix1k may be lighter than the 600, they shaved off a few lbs. from last yr and I know all the GSXR's were right around the same weight.

·
Registered
473 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:
ya until the honda 998 comes out, with the really power to weight specs of 160 hp 350 lbs dry weight......what other company do you know that made their 2002 and 2003 model 900cc bikes lighter than their brand spanking new 600cc model....
The 600RR is the heviest of the 600 class.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i think kawi has always been a second of choice for me when it comes to motorcycles, due to the fact that i had a kawi mojavi when i was 8 for a few years, but untill the revealing of this zx-10r i had no intentions of ever buying a kawi streetbike, but after reading through the stats on that page, if i had the fundings for it, i would be inline to purchase one!!!!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
QuickCoCo1 said:

Uh, just cause the 600's a pig doesn't make the 900 a better bike as far as I can tell.:twofinger

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just cause we ride bigger heavier bikes means we can pick on Freddy and his quest for a 998 Honda wonderbike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts