Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Kawi shop has one of these for $8999. That is not out the door, but she said that she would not charge me for prep or freight.

So it will be $8999 plus tax and tags. That sounds very cheap.

I am actually in the market for a new 600 (or 636) but this is the same price.

By the way, it is a 2005 in green. 3 miles.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
That zx10r is one mental bike. If you think you can handle it without dying, I would opt for the 10r.

I got the 636 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It has more than enough go and it doesn't scare me at all. I feel in total control when riding it. I put some decent miles on a 05 gixxer 1000 and routinely spun up the rear wheel in very fast 2nd gear corners. Scared the shit out of me. I'll stick with the 636 for a while longer, but I can't wait to get a one liter.

P.S. The thing I love about one liters is you can stay in second almost anywhere and never have to worry about shifting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you got the cash go for it!:thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
That 636 is going to be alot closer to your 750 then the 10r. Personally I would go with the 636. Its a great bike and plenty of power for everything you need.

The 10R is truly a beautiful machine/beast, but I bet you will acutally have more fun and just enjoy the 636 more.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
If you think you got what it takes, get it. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ridden a 2004 GSX-R 1000 and the thing is actually hard to ride. Or, not hard, but nervewracking. Difficult to find an appropriate time to open it up. I dont think I got it above 9k rpm.

I would rather have a 636 but this thing is cheap!

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is a good price, out here in AZ they get more. You could buy that thing and resell it and make some dough! PS- cool bike Henry, go for it. I just got my first liter and it is too fun.:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wish I lived in Pa. I can't even find a left over 10 here. I am looking at the 12 now.

Nice Bulldog in your profile 1percenter. Here is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
How old is yours? Lou is almost 8. weighs 85+ pounds(hes a fat little basttard) and has cost me a small fortune in medical bills.

·
Registered
66 Posts
when i bought my 636 there was a 10r and a 12r that were both cheaper than my 636 :/ i would say cause most people only need a 600 series not a "man's" liter bike :)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
WTF? the 10 was cheaper than the 636? why didnt you get the 10?

·
Registered
66 Posts
cause i'm brand new to riding anything at all, (bought the bike with never having even been a passenger on one) so i thought it in my best interest to get the smaller cc bike, i did get a good deal on the last 05 636 they had :) i am very happy with my purchase, and don't feel that i needed the 10. so i left it there for an experienced rider to enjoy :)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Oh, I didnt realize we're talking about a first bike. Stay away from the 10. its a murdering biatch. Come to think of it, try to be carefull on the 636 as well

Good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
psudy said:
How old is yours? Lou is almost 8. weighs 85+ pounds(hes a fat little basttard) and has cost me a small fortune in medical bills.
I am so slow, Rumba is 3, 65 lbs. She has a daughter named Lou who is 2. We also call Lou, Le-lou-cifer. A friend of mine breeds them and she actually bred the Geortown bulldog. I love the white ones.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts