Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide on a good starter bike, while slipping under the sport-bike insurance dragnet, without sacrificing a fun ride.

the two i am looking at are the Suzuki SV650 and the Honda NightHawk 750
A huge chip for the 750 is that it's a honda, that speaks for itself
what are the opinions on these bikes?

BTW: i have been riding trail bikes since i was about 7, so motor-cycles are nothing new to me, however, i'm not stupid enough to run out onto the street with no experience there

yes i am going to attend a safety course(required in IL)
yes i do plan to buy the best gear possible
yes i will probably go for a used bike, since the '04 zukis look better anyway :)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
DieSonne said:
I am interested as to why you like the sv650 over the nighthawk

not partial to either one, except that i have great confidence in hondas
He probably doesnt know, he's a little on the challenged side:twofinger !

Seriously, both are excellent bikes. Its impossible to go wrong with either one. I have personally never ridden the nighthawk but I have ridden the SV 650 and 1000. I really enjoyed riding both bikes. Both have very crisp and forgiving throttle response, not to mention handling. Though not a full blown race bike, both will hold there own in straight acceleration. I am partial to Honda all the way down the line but, in this case I would probably choose the SV for a first bike due to being familiar with its abilities. Once again both options are a good choice. ;)

Happy Hunting!:thumb:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
sisqo said:
...he's a little on the challenged side...
C'm 'ere for a sec, this won't hurt a bit.

I've not ridden either bike but, from what I've read, I think both bikes are somewhat similar in their capabilities.

Thus, it comes down to personal opinion. For my money, the SV's looks win the prize over the somwhat dated look of the Nighthawk.

I'm a Kawi boy, myself, so the Honda / Suzuki debate is a mute point.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
cookeetree said:
C'm 'ere for a sec, this won't hurt a bit.
:laughing:

Cookee, you make your point vivedly sir........whenever your troubled mind lets you quit beating me to death with a minnie-keg I might try to help ya a little bit.:D

:twofinger :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts