Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any for my bike, Z750S. They do make them for the Z1000 though, I'll just have to hope they fit if I go with those. Anyone know where I could look?

Also, how important do you think sliders are for a naked bike? My other thought is, even with sliders, there's still going to be enough damage to my bike that my insurance will have to pick up the repairs, right? So why get sliders at all unless you're not keeping full coverage on your bike. Anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
because they pretty much protect dmg from going to the engine cases and the engine block itself. They barely protect the farings.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'll debate that, they sometimes protect fairings, and sometimes they don't. In my case, except for scratches and sliding marks, it saved fairings from breaking into pieces, the left clip-on, and quite possibly the frame. Better to have them than not, and in most cases, they'll protect the bike from driveway spills that leave a mark and hurt resale value. Also sliders will take the shock before the tank gets scratched and often save the small parts, like pegs or shifter, etc. You wouldn't find out the hardway if the sliders could have saved the engine or frame from cracking or snapping off.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
z1000 sliders should fit.
Sliders dont offer total protection but they do offer some. Its the difference between needing to get a new turn signal when the bike falls. Or a new headlight. Trust me, you dont want to buy headlights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts