Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive been riding dirt bikes for awhile and ride my bosses valcun around the block every now and then
So now im thinkin of buyin myself a Bike
so i found this nice ninja for $3000 has 15k miles on it
and so im thinkin either the Ninja or mybe ive been lookin at the YZF600 but the only thing im Worryed about is the Price and Insurence of it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
str8krewzn said:
Ok so ive been riding dirt bikes for awhile and ride my bosses valcun around the block every now and then
So now im thinkin of buyin myself a Bike
so i found this nice ninja for $3000 has 15k miles on it
and so im thinkin either the Ninja or mybe ive been lookin at the YZF600 but the only thing im Worryed about is the Price and Insurence of it?
I don't know about the yamaha but look around for another ninja, a brand new one has a MSRP for $2,999.00

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No thats the Price for the 250 im lookin into a 500r
and base price for those are 5000
you guys think $3000 to much for a 15kmi bike with exhaust

·
Registered
515 Posts
dunno about prices in MD, but it will help to know what year the bike is. also, just go and check it out, look at the chain, oil, make sure there's no frame damage. If the demand isn't all that high, you can try to knock it down a couple hundred bucks.

as for your original question, as long as its a 600r and not an r6 then I'd say it's a borderline ok bike. some people will vouch for it being a good beginner bike, other will say it's a fairly heavy bike to start on, others will also argue that starting on a 250 or 500 is best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
str8krewzn,

I was like you and rode dirt bikes all my life. I’ve been riding street bikes for NOT even a year. My first bike was a 94 Kawasaki Ninja zx6. It couldn’t touch my 01 YZF600r that I bought after I sold the ninja. I wouldn’t give up my YZF for anything. The YZF is a great beginner bike at low rpm’s and has the power at high rpm’s to make it a bike that you won’t get bored of. Parts and good priced. They haven’t changed most of the bike in about 7 years, so new and used parts are easy to find if you should ever need to repair it. I personally have had no problems with mine.

I got my 01 YZF600r for $3,000 with 4700 miles. Prices will vary. I bought mine from a guy that was moving the next day and couldn’t take the bike with him.

If you have any questions about the bike please feel free to ask.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts