Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feedback, but maybe you should check the website and see that we're not squids doing 3rd standups down the highway we're fully controlled in a fully controlled environment with years experience

from the looks of it so far I can see that the few bad apples have spoiled the image to the general public

·
Registered
518 Posts
RickNasty PBR said:
we're not squids doing 3rd standups down the highway we're fully controlled in a fully controlled environment with years experience

from the looks of it so far I can see that the few bad apples have spoiled the image to the general public
That about sums it up. I'm certainly not a stunter, but I do enjoy hoisting the front wheel once in awhile. I appreciate the skill involved in performing some of your tricks, but I still think you guys are totally insane:eek: :D . I was never willing to trash my bike or myself in order to become good at those stunts, I'm sure it takes lots of practice, and lots of "down time"...I'll leave it to you guys and just watch. Done in the right environment (ie NOT on public streets) you might have a chance of becoming legit. Good luck...be safe...peace

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to sBw Rick. Stunting is the shits. I love it. I'm a big stunt fan, I don't stunt peronally. I say your boy Brandon is one of the top stunters in the nation. He has them circle wheelies on lock down. I seen you guys in a few DVD and I say all you guys are talented and have a bright future in stunting. Since your here, I would like to ask you a question. I heard that PBR Chic is one of your boys sister. Who is she sister too?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I love to watch bike stunts. But the people that do it on public roads give those who try to make it a legit sport a bad name.

If i could afford to buy a stunt bike, and afford to fix it when it breaks, i would probably stunt. As it is now, i'm poor and can't afford to have my bike trashed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the positive feedback guys it really means alot

GrCh35, PBR Chick is not related to anyone in stunting but is my g/f

We're currently on the road to legitamacy. However, we're still filling in the gaps as to what legitamate really is.....what exactly would you like to see in a 'legitamate event'??? and what do you think would help us get there?

thanks again for the feedback

RickNasty

·
Registered
183 Posts
RickNasty PBR said:
thanks for the positive feedback guys it really means alot

GrCh35, PBR Chick is not related to anyone in stunting but is my g/f

We're currently on the road to legitamacy. However, we're still filling in the gaps as to what legitamate really is.....what exactly would you like to see in a 'legitamate event'??? and what do you think would help us get there?

thanks again for the feedback

RickNasty
Got to get into the X-Games. That will put the whole stunting community on the map of extreme sports. I've never been to a stunting event cause theres really never been one here in Arizona. But if there was one the way I would like to see,

-Pro Division
a) Solo Competitor
b) Tandom Competitors

-Am Division
a) Solo Competitor
b) Tandom Competitors

-Pro Division Women
a) Solo Competitor
b) Tandom Competitors

-Am Division Women
a) Solo Competitor
b) Tandom Competitors

Events;
-Smoothest Wheelie
-Longest Wheelie
-Longest Endo
-Most Circle Wheelies
-Most combination tricks within a time limit
-Most insane trick
-etc, etc, etc.

Stunting is still in its infancy and the possibilities are endless. This is a good thing that your out there getting some feedback. It shows your dedication.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I agree with the "get in the X games idea". That would get you so much publicity that you wouldn't know what to do with yourself. Give em a couple minutes, do your stunts, and let the judges decide. I'm not sure you could do longest wheelie. Don't people ride those things for miles?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've rewritten my reply a few times. I want to make sure I'm comming across accurate and not as a smart ass.

The stunters I've soon on video are true artists. I had no Idea that some of these moves could be done on a machine. They are far beyone the boundries of my abilities. Here's my problem with the whole stunt thing. Everyone I've ever personally met who claimed to be a "stunter" liked to practice their are on the public roads. A stand up wheelie on a public highway doesn't impress anyone especially that little girl in the civic whose attention you are trying to get.

If you are good and really want to turn this in to something you are going to have to do it clean and keep it off of the roads. Go that route and I'd pay for a ticket to see you and buy one of your videos. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
While I don't do any type of stunts, I enjoy watching a skilled rider that can do them...in a controlled inviorment, and with the proper safety gear. I don't mean to speak for anyone else, but I think I can safely say, that it's the people that do 100 mph stand ups on the hiway's, ect in traffic and on public roads that give you guys/gals a bad name, especially when someone stunts with a t-shirt and shorts...read..lack of gear. I say if your stunting, and doing it the right way...more power to ya...My :2cents:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
RickNasty PBR said:
This, as with many here, is my main issue, but you can't be expected to be responsible for those with fewer IQ points. Its like blaming all riders for those who go lidless.

X-Games is the way to go. I'm glued to the set during them every year, and swear in the next 5 years to catch some events, wherever they might be.

I'd ask a little favor though. Should you achieve your goal, please be certain to PUBLICLY and STRONGLY advise that all practice is done in safe, controlled, private environments.

TIA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GrCh35 - my good friend and i have created a stunt competition that cover 95% of your ideas check out www.stuntNSRA.com for further details. where we have smoothest wheelie as slowest wheelie over a 300ft distance. longest wheelie couldnt happen b/c of distance limits however we could do a longest no handed wheelie contest or something similar. most circle wheelie has been incorporated into some events but it limits entries to top pros only. 3min freestyle is scored to 5acrobats, 5wheelies, 5 burnouts, and 5 stoppies which is the minimum variation, and sickest trick is always in the mix

snickerz, Hammer 4 - the definition of 'stunter' is still ambiguous, so some people who can only do power wheelies down the highway consider themselves one of us. these are also the people who ruin our reputation. i wish u guys could come out here and see what my and 99% of a stunters practice consists of (i got an open room if anyone needs a vacation to the sunshine state) but until then, a stunter aquires alot of responsibility which comes with the new tricks like circles wheelies which take 2months of 5hour days of falling......sorry im rambling but basically your not a stunter until u can execute all your tricks in a very small area i.e. 300x200ft

kanwisch - thanks for your open minded response, and 'if' we make it safety is our main priority, one of the main things holding us back now is the fact that big name entities think that if we made x-game status it would create an explosion of kids stunting in traffic, which wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't marketed is the manner you spoke

thanks for the responses guys, this info is priceless to me keep em coming!!!!!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Having looked at some of the photos you have supplied on your lst thread I note so many are clothed in the worst bar the full face helmet.

If you have this balance & co-ordination control then do as I did for almost 40 years --------- practiced & competed in Observed Trials. There it is 100% legal, the onlookers are there to see sections cleaned or possibly down to a dab or two (& applauses for sure if one does well or even fails in an attempt as all understand what is going on), while fellow competitors are also studying our how another rider tackles a section with bit of a stream, wet & slippery rocks or parts of a tree to almost staight up rock sections. This is a World wide Championship like MX, Enduro, & road racing with one world championship series being held in the States every yr.

Above knowledge helps in enduro, cross country riding along with normal dirt riding PLUS it is off the PUBLIC HIGHWAYS. Yes 40 yrs of it & a maze of practing is what I put in yet while on the public roads I road like m/cist should. As for stunters I have no interest in them, would not even watch them let alone pay money for a video.

·
Registered
183 Posts
RickNasty PBR said:
GrCh35 - my good friend and i have created a stunt competition that cover 95% of your ideas check out www.stuntNSRA.com for further details. where we have smoothest wheelie as slowest wheelie over a 300ft distance. longest wheelie couldnt happen b/c of distance limits however we could do a longest no handed wheelie contest or something similar. most circle wheelie has been incorporated into some events but it limits entries to top pros only. 3min freestyle is scored to 5acrobats, 5wheelies, 5 burnouts, and 5 stoppies which is the minimum variation, and sickest trick is always in the mix

thanks for the responses guys, this info is priceless to me keep em coming!!!!!
Like I said before, I'm not a stunter, but I am a big stunt fan and I just want to add one more thing. Take it on the road. Don't be like Stuntwars or Stuntfest were there only held in the same place. Take your event on the road, different states, not just the one's back east. Good luck in the future Rick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Smitty said:
Having looked at some of the photos you have supplied on your lst thread I note so many are clothed in the worst bar the full face helmet.

If you have this balance & co-ordination control then do as I did for almost 40 years --------- practiced & competed in Observed Trials. There it is 100% legal, the onlookers are there to see sections cleaned or possibly down to a dab or two (& applauses for sure if one does well or even fails in an attempt as all understand what is going on), while fellow competitors are also studying our how another rider tackles a section with bit of a stream, wet & slippery rocks or parts of a tree to almost staight up rock sections. This is a World wide Championship like MX, Enduro, & road racing with one world championship series being held in the States every yr.

Above knowledge helps in enduro, cross country riding along with normal dirt riding PLUS it is off the PUBLIC HIGHWAYS. Yes 40 yrs of it & a maze of practing is what I put in yet while on the public roads I road like m/cist should. As for stunters I have no interest in them, would not even watch them let alone pay money for a video.
Your missing my point, I don't care about Trials nor have any interest in their competitions

Nothing is on the PUBLIC HIGHWAYS!!! And this competition is obviously 100% LEGAL b/c it's held at various dragstrips and the famous woodward training grounds.

GrCh35 - the competition is on the road and will be on the westside next season

it isnt everyday you see this down the highways

·
Registered
182 Posts
This thread is getting repettitive. WE ALL AGREE, stunt riding as a competitive sport in a controlled environment rocks. Don't slam these stunt guys, it's their release. Just like riding carefully is yours (if you hate stunters).

My release is riding faster than shit on the freeway, so bag on me too!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts