Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first motorcycle memory was Pre Kindergarden. My father was a professor who had two college students baby-sit me. They had a bike and gave me a ride. They must have been afraid I would let go because they put me up on the drivers shoulders. I think the rider on the back helped support me. I remember feeling like I was flying. Its one of my earliest memories period.
My parents never knew about this until 15 years later. I told my Dad about it when, against his wishes, I bought my first bike. He remembered the two motorcycling students and didn't give me any more grieve about buying a bike.

·
Registered
860 Posts
when i was really young im guessing 5 or 6 maybe a little older i remeber going to the baseball park with my dad to watch him play softball at the tourney's and one time i saw two sportbikes parked by eachother...one was a ninja...and ever since then i always wanted a sportbike

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
My first step father had one. The first time we went for a ride I think I was 6. I had a blast. I knew that I was hooked then. When I got older I knew that I wanted one.

Luckily I started out small before I got the VFR.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was 5 or 6 and my dad had a Honda CL70. He would put me on the tank and my mom on the back and I would hold onto the crossbar of the handlebars while we rode around the old dirt roads around our house.

I ended up learning to ride on that bike years later.

Now my mom wonders why I love to ride so much. She should know, she was there too.:rolleyes:

I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to ride pillion so I can take her riding with me.

Later,
Eric

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I was probably about 12 when i took my friends bike for a ride around his back yard. AFter i stopped I couldn't get the bike moving again. He comes over and straddles the front tire and yells, "you forgot to put it in gear". I nod my head, put it in hear and run his stupid ass over. Ah the good old days:D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Tippmann said:
I was probably about 12 when i took my friends bike for a ride around his back yard. AFter i stopped I couldn't get the bike moving again. He comes over and straddles the front tire and yells, "you forgot to put it in gear". I nod my head, put it in hear and run his stupid ass over. Ah the good old days:D

Metal note! Never read a funny post with cereal in your mouth! Milk hurts when it comes out your nose. Good one Tipp! :laughing: :thumb:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Jester said:
Metal note! Never read a funny post with cereal in your mouth! Milk hurts when it comes out your nose. Good one Tipp! :laughing: :thumb:
Milk hurts....Cheerios hurt worse! :crying:

Hmmm....my cousin had a 50cc scoot for a while which was funwhen we were like 10 to 12-ish, but I didn't get bitten by the bug until just before graduating college. I bought my first bike as a graduation present to myself. :D

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I really did not get bit until my friend took me out dirt biking in 97. I had never ridden a bike on my own. I was riding this 80cc Supercross bike. My buddy was standing next to me as I was letting out the clutch.... I gave it too much gas, bike came out from under me, I was holding on to the handlebars, luckily it flew up in the air and came down next to me, while still being held up.

I looked at me buddy, his reaction "That's called the powerban" I gave him the :finger:

I want to go again, I think I might be a little better at it this time.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was probably 6 or 7 and my best friends parents had gotten him a little 50cc honda... so he showed me what's what then let me ride it in a pasture on his farm... so I head out.... and he's running after me... then all of a sudden he yells SHIFT!... so I squeze the cluch.... shift and release the cluch....but forgot to let off the GAS:rolleyes: the bike shot out from under me... and I landed flat on my A$$ in a huge pile of cow sheit!.... :rolleyes: the only thing hurt was my pride... well and my new hammer pants were ruined! :finger: lol.... Man... I miss hammer pants!:twofinger

~B~

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That would be back in 1937 & there was an airshow going on with chaps barnstorming (I simplly love the old byplanes then & even now).

Was quite gusty & chap jumped out of an aircraft, chute opened up only wind was taking him to a sharp pointed picket fence only some chaps & my Dad grab him chute & all to stop the dramatic injuries & probably was hurt for he landed amongst parked cars & said fence -----in those days cars were made of some pretty tough metals.

Still the bugger did a bit later on in the show only was on the ground & being dragged as he could not collapse the chute till this RED INDIAN m/c drove into the chute to collapse & probably ruin it ----so my first indication of a m/c. For it did perk up the then 7 yr old as to something different to cages, trucks, tractors, cats, big old shovels, horses & teams of horses, & bicycles.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Smitty said:
That would be back in 1937 & there was an airshow going on with chaps barnstorming (I simplly love the old byplanes then & even now).

I like how all smitty's stories start with "back in 19...".
It makes me feel like I'm talking to an old man sitting in a rocking chair, whitteling a piece of wood, spittin tobacco into a jug. Oh wait, I am:twofinger

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Tippmann: You have a point there for sometime at the gym I would say "Shortly after the war--" & others would say "Which war" for there has been more since WWII I have to admit. Now I try to point out the year or close to the yr such as "from late 40s till early 50s". LOL

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Smitty said:
Tippmann: You have a point there for sometime at the gym I would say "Shortly after the war--" & others would say "Which war" for there has been more since WWII I have to admit. Now I try to point out the year or close to the yr such as "from late 40s till early 50s". LOL
Lol :laughing:

·
Registered
517 Posts
In 1974 my Dad had a Honda enduro he rode to work and cruised me around on while I sat in front on the tank. One afternoon, must have been Sunday, I was out playing near it with my brother. I decided to hop up on and pretend like I was riding. Over the bike tipped. Through the knowlede of impending ass-whooping, my 6 year old self got that sucker back up on the kickstand. All was cool. Dinner and go to bed.

Up for breakfast on Monday and Dad leaves for work. He comes right back in and asks which of us were on his bike. ??? was our reply, of course. Dad waves the broken off clutch lever at us and asks again "Who was on my bike?!?!". I could not lie...I pointed to my brother.:twofinger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts