Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding to work for a while now, on my morning commute. Then when I get to my desk I can always smell a light scent of gas. I don't know if the smell is actually coming from my clothes (I keep my shirt in my backpack until I get to work) or if it is coming from my gear (which I keep under my desk). I don't mind the smell when its on the weekends riding & what not, but at work I'm a little self-conscious. It's not strong, but it is strong enough to at least bother me (no comments from anybody). I was wondering if any of you guys come across this problem and if so what have you done to solve it? I don't want to pile on cologne, but I also don't want to be known as the guy that smells like he just got done cutting grass. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The only time its a problem is after a fill up. Otherwise my bike does not smell like gas. My last one however had a pinched/kinked vent hose, and thus it would vent out of the cap in a fine mist if the tank got too hot (sitting in the sun), of course a nice fine spray of gas would completely soak a shirt...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i lift the lid I can smell the gas through the key hole. I don't know if it should be that way as a tiny vent or what. But my clothes haven't gotten close to the point of soaked. I think it is only on my jacket though, cause I went down the hall & back to my desk & could smell it slightly in my cubicle (cubicles suck). Maybe I should keep a bottle of febreeze at my desk?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly exhaust or maybe both, I'm not sure mainerdr. It doesn't reek, but still nobody seems to mind enough to say anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts