Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
All I can say is ----what a stupid bugger. He must have picked a time of the month & correct hr of the day to have such little traffic on the road, considering at times he was all over the darn road.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yes...very stupid....but very impressive!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Now that was awesome! Does anyone know anything about the setup this guy was using? Was is powered? If not, what in the backpack, and how did he get so much speed in the tunnel?

Damn, racing a bike seems artificial by comparison.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Definately very impressive! i would love to know what that biker was thinkin!
i dunno about doin it with that suit...... but the twisties looked kinda fun:)
Kids please dont attempt this at home

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
seen this a yr or so ago on another forum. ill see if i can find anything more out about him and his FUN contraption.

id do it in a heart beat. but only on a close road and no clifs to fly off of if something were to go wrong.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
From his chest area to his abs there was something that he was rolling on, still what he had at his toes to act like a rudder, is a good question. Some of the other gear would be similiar to what the winter "Skelton" people use.

You can see elbow protection, gauntlets well armored, so it would be the same to his knees, but toes I am lost for he used them so much. I do not know about the rest of you, but as a kid I use to be at the top of a steep slope (often by a railway crossing of a river so longer & steeper run) with a small wooden skelton-like sled, with steel runners & just grab slots cut in RATHER then so many that sat on their winter sleds.

I was able to clock far faster times & STAY on the sled from top to bottom without being throwen off. Fact is even in being 7 to 8 yrs of age I knew how to use my Fathers jig-saw & other tools to make up the snow sleds I used, plus selling the original (my dad made it up for me so watched him from start to finish also his guidence in using his tools, to a friend & making three better ones for myself & a few friends.

Believe me my the toes of my boots along with body lean is how I got around the downward bends, not hitting power poles, rocks, or whatever.

Crash helmet? No way man for this was in '37 to '38 so a wool toque.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya the suit is cool as hell. There are some more videos on youtube about him and the suit.

Its not powered at all vash. The backpack thing is just like a frame to attach wheels to. hes got 2 wheels on his chest and 1 down above his crotch, 2 on each knee and it seems sometimes he has rollerblades on and sometimes he has on like a wide roller skate, on his hands its like.....captain hook execpt all plastic and a wheel on it instead of a hook. Looks like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
wonder how many times he ate it bad before he got it down ...looks like a good way to die

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
lol I posted this on a gun forum I am a member of. I thought people over there would like it.

I have since come to the conclusion that people who join firearm forums are boring has-beens with absolutely no sense of adventure that would rather tell the "when I was a youngin' " stories from their rocking chair on the front porch. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
That was SO friggin' cool! The look on that motorcyclist's face as this guy went rolling by him must have been priceless!

Pretty high stakes stuff though- nothing but big concrete block barriers, granite mountains, and cliffs on either side. One miscalculation, and..........

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
That was SO friggin' cool! The look on that motorcyclist's face as this guy went rolling by him must have been priceless!

Pretty high stakes stuff though- nothing but big concrete block barriers, granite mountains, and cliffs on either side. One miscalculation, and..........
Not to mention cutting those blind corners...that takes some huge balls, and an iq to balance out the equation

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Not to mention cutting those blind corners...that takes some huge balls, and an iq to balance out the equation

In light of some of the camera angles at the beginning, I would suspect they had spotters on the corners to let the guys know where the traffic was. As "All over the road" as he was, he was always in his lane when they were meeting people. The only one that looked like he didn't know they were there was the one he came up behind at the end of the tunnel.

Watch the vid again and watch close. I don't think they were flying blind.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
In light of some of the camera angles at the beginning, I would suspect they had spotters on the corners to let the guys know where the traffic was. As "All over the road" as he was, he was always in his lane when they were meeting people. The only one that looked like he didn't know they were there was the one he came up behind at the end of the tunnel.

Watch the vid again and watch close. I don't think they were flying blind.

Just my opinion.
I'm sure there were a couple spotters...at least I'd hope so...I'll watch again and see if I still get the same "oh god, that's gonna hurt" reaction.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's funny, but... everyone else is picturing transformers when they are watching this. The first time I saw him tuck his arms behind him on a straightaway... I thought "Hey, he looks like Ironman flying."

lol! its a low-tech iron man!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
wonder how many times he ate it bad before he got it down ...looks like a good way to die
I think you mean " looks like a good way to live".

I will now head outside to rip the wheels off my skates and screw them to a pair of kneepads. I'll be outside...out on the edge.:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts