Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 CBR F3 with a D&D exhaust. I bought the bike 3 years ago with this pipe and I finally had enough of the noise. I am interested in getting the Yoshimura RS-3 SERIES. They have 2 choices: Race and Zyclone. The specs say that the Zyclone is pretty quiet and im not quiet looking for a stock sound but i want to get away from the super loud D&D. Anyone have any insight if the Race sounds anything like the D&D? One other thing...I know there is a sound difference between the Carbon Fiber and Stainless but is there a difference between the Titanium and the Stainless steel???

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the TRS Race for my F4, and it sounds really good. It is not loud when cruising, but just enough note when you get on it. I thought the zyclone would just be too quiet. I have the stainless pipe.

The triangular shape really looks good against the bike in my opinion, too.

I am not sure how the RS-3 sounds compared, but I imagine it is close to the same. Just thought I would let you know!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the trs race as well, love it. ive got the titanium can. sounds great, not to loud. i heard a rs3 on a friends sv650 and it sounded mean, thats a vtwin though, def not as loud as a d&d

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yoshi pipe

I have the RS-3 race can on my R6 and it sounds tough. I just love getting on the throttle and hearing the pipe bark!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Yoshi pipe

bigdog22 said:
I have the RS-3 race can on my R6 and it sounds tough. I just love getting on the throttle and hearing the pipe bark!!!
I plan on getting the slip-on RS-5 for soontobemine CBR600RR. Are they the same thing as the RS-3 but for undertail exhausts systems only? Can't wait :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have the RS-5 carbon on my RR. It was way better than stock, but I thought it was on quiet side. Now my packing is "breaking in" and it is sounding a lot better. Cruising the sound is minimal, WOT the sound is amazing.

I wonder if your D&D wound fit on a '93 F2? If it does my buddy might buy it off you. That way when riding with him I could hear the noob coming...

-M-

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$50.00 and u pay shipping.. I haven't shipped my bike here in Memphis yet, the bike is in PA. Give me about a month and its yours. Remind me in a few weeks or so.

[email protected]

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts