Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have heard nothing but good things about the Michilen pilots! Does anyone have any info on these tires, I just plan on doing normal street, twistie riding? nothing too intense. I am looking for decent stickyness and good mileage!

------------------

·
Registered
169 Posts
i got a 99 F4, bought it new with battle ax's on it, i just put on a pair of pilots, i only have about 300 miles on them so far, but i can all ready tell they are a better tire than what was on it before, never have used 207's, so i cant tell you the difference b/t them.i have heard you can get i little more millage out of the pilots.

------------------
texas tornado #2

[This message has been edited by #2f4 (edited August 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put a set of Pilot Sports on my SuperHawk, and they rock! I started with OEM 204's and they can't hold a candle to the Michelins. I was always a little sketchy with the Dunlops and I had 3/4's of an inch of virgin rubber on the edge of the rear tire when the center rubber went dry. With the Pilots, I've already gone to the edge with no hesitation. They respond well and have improved the bike's "flickability". Maybe it's just mental, but whatever makes the ride better and the bike more responsive, who cares? If you can find 'em in stock for a decent price, get 'em. Try www.imotorcyclestore.com for a good price. There are a lot of online reviews about 'em, and they all say they're awesome. Good luck...

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

[This message has been edited by VTRPilot (edited August 18, 2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts