Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I nearly had a run-in with one of those stupid car drivers today, you know, the lower 5% of the population who should not be let anywhere NEAR a car. Nothing too exciting, but it just pissed me the hell off. This was actually my first encounter of this nature on a M/C. For the longest time (ok, not the longest time, I've only been M/Cing for 5 months or so) I have been reading about stupid cagers on this forum, but I never actually saw what people were talking about. Well, on my M/C anyway, I see moronic drivers in my car all the time!

Anywhoo, I was on my way to the bank from work and I was on a three lane arterial (two traffic lanes, one turn lane). Some guy and his family were parked at the curb headed northbound (same way I was going) and started to pull out into traffic about two car lengths in front of me. No time to stop, going 30+ mph, so I quickly adjusted my lane position to avoid him, all the while my fingers frantically searching for the horn button. Finally I found the horn, and honked at about the time my rear tire passed his front tire (by this time it didnt matter much, but just as kind of a "THANKS ALOT MORON! :rolleyes: " type of honk). I always ride as though I am invisible to cars, so I was prepared for this and had just assumed he didnt see me. Ok, so, no harm no foul, and no hard feelings.

But, he remained behind me for about a mile down the road, all the while riding my ass. I could tell he was just itching to pass me cause whenever I would move to the left of the lane he would ride up on my ass a bit more and veer towards the right side of the lane. Then, up ahead, I noticed a Metro bus which had just picked up some people and had its blinker on trying to merge back into traffic. Being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I slowed down and yielded for the bus, because that's the LAW. Also, I wasn't in the mood to try my luck at challenging a very large bus, me being on a motorcycle and all. So, I stopped and let the bus go, but the fucker behind me (same guy who cut me off) had the audacity to speed up and pass both me and the bus via the turn lane, honking as he flew by me.

I was very tempted to follow Mr. Asshole, so I could drive up beside him and shoot him a little thank you sign :finger: . I would never do this of course, because it wouldnt solve a damn thing and might make matters worse, but I was tempted. So, the moral of the story: STUPID PEOPLE SUCK!

Sorry to go on and on and on, but being the first time this has happened to me, I had to vent my anger somewhere.

--Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
penny pincher

here's my mean yet effective cure: carry a handfull of pennies in the left pocket of youre riding jacket, when he gets on youre ass simply reach in and pull out about .30$ and give them a toss over youre shoulder and hit the gas. After doing this you might want to leave the area before he runs you over though! Cheap but effective :2cents:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: penny pincher

RixGix750 said:
here's my mean yet effective cure: carry a handfull of pennies in the left pocket of youre riding jacket, when he gets on youre ass simply reach in and pull out about .30$ and give them a toss over youre shoulder and hit the gas. After doing this you might want to leave the area before he runs you over though! Cheap but effective :2cents:
where i live there are so many dorks...i would be in debt by throwing 30 cents at a time :D

good idea though

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
AudioSolstice said:
what you could have done is follow him untill he stops and beat the hell out if him in front of his family....just a thought
Not exactly the best idea. I don't know if anyone remembers or not, but I had a cager run in a while ago where I followed the chick to her house and got in a shouting match with her and her husband, then their loving neighbors, then half the neighborhood. Nothing good came of it, put it that way.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Re: Spark plugs

RixGix750 said:
P.S. doing this with porcelin(crushed pieces of spark plugs) will spider there glass, be carefull to whom you do this they may shoot you :2cents:
Hmmm, good to know;)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tippmann said:
Not exactly the best idea. I don't know if anyone remembers or not, but I had a cager run in a while ago where I followed the chick to her house and got in a shouting match with her and her husband, then their loving neighbors, then half the neighborhood. Nothing good came of it, put it that way.
thats not good.....

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Just look upon the cage driver as being one of the many arese holes you will meet during your days of riding.

NEVER try to argue it out with a driver, do not give them a dirty hand signal & forget all the top brainy suggestions for they have not been on m/cist long enough to understand that m/cist never do win no matter what.

Only Tippmann learned the hard way of what happens---it just made him look like a trouble making fool in the eyes of those people. It also makes a bad impression on other m/cist as cage drivers to other people on their feet will look upon m/cist as being like this all the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, I do remember that Tippmann. I read it a couple weeks ago as a matter of fact. Somewhat disturbing if you ask me, the whole neighborhood being against you and all. And Smitty, you are right, that's one of the reasons I had half a mind not to do anything. Because, no matter what I did, I wouldnt win.

But somehow, I dont think that people who drive cars are going to judge motorcyclists as a whole based on the actions of one motocyclist. Just as I do not judge every cager based on the actions of the jackass I ran into (not literally) today. But, it is weird how immediately after an incident like this everyone seems to be after you, or there seems to be more of an abundance of jackasses than before. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my crazy ass?

--Scott

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
ScottF3 said:
..all the while my fingers frantically searching for the horn button. Finally I found the horn, and honked at about the time my rear tire passed his front tire (by this time it didnt matter much, but just as kind of a "THANKS ALOT MORON! :rolleyes: " type of honk).
I could be the only one, but I don't even bother with the horn. Its too weak to be reasonably heard, and even if they do, its like a squeak, so how alerting is that really? I think it was my Chitown MSF instructors who said not to bother and instead concentrate on getting out of the mess you're in. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Re: Re: Yet another LAME cager.

kanwisch said:
I could be the only one, but I don't even bother with the horn. Its too weak to be reasonably heard, and even if they do, its like a squeak, so how alerting is that really? I think it was my Chitown MSF instructors who said not to bother and instead concentrate on getting out of the mess you're in. :2cents:
i agree. the only use for a horn on my bike is so it'll comply with the law. it sounds like a sick bird and you can barely hear it unless the bike is off.

glad t hear things were o.k.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Don't forget...

...all you guys who like to throw pennies, follow people home, etc. Chances are that if some idiot cager is following you for more than 5 seconds they've probably committed at least part, if not all, of your license plate to memory, plus the color and possibly the make of your bike, and a description of your riding gear. They're all out to get us so don't put it past them that they would remember such things in order to nail you with the help of Johnny Law and they're "impartial" eyewitness sitting shotgun next to them.

As much as these a$$holes deserve it, I don't want to hear about one of you guys getting locked up for a handful of pennies worth of revenge.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Both kanwisch &U slaintedan are correct. I check the horn of any vehicle once I get it & then that is the first & last time I ever use it.

Problem is as one performs the act of kicking in the door of a car, throwing things at it or giving dirty hand signals the cages behind are seeing all. It is not like there are some 20 m/cist & just a few cages in that small area----it is mainly cages & just a rare m/clist by his/her lonesome.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Smitty said:
----it is mainly cages & just a rare m/clist by his/her lonesome.
Someone forgot tell the driver that: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Hey, it was good enough for Jesus.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, the horn on my bike actually isn't as puny sounding as some. And when I am right next to a car, it would be pretty hard NOT to notice it.

In all fairness (to myself :D ), in more dire circumstances I would have concentrated more on getting out of danger, and out of the hot zone rather than fumble with the horn. But, in this case, I was confident that danger was not eminent, so I attempted the honker.

--Scott

·
Registered
40 Posts
cager in SUV

I had a run-in with some day-dreamer in a SUV. I was in the right lane going up the road. SUV driver in left lane just ahead of me decided to get in the right lane with me. I chopped the throttle and grabbed a handful of front brake and downshifted a couple of gears. I blew my horn and raised my left arm in the air and shouted What the F... a..h...?!!!! Of course he did not hear me and he continued on up the road as if nothing happened. Over the years I have tried to anticipate what other drivers are going to do. Sometimes I am successful, but this time I was not.

Cagers in SUVs really suck!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts