Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this feels more like home.

What do you think SBNers?????

I've been visiting other sites and I'm finding that a lot of the loyal SBners went to .ws and www.stuntlife/forums

bummer we all got split up like that...............its like someone just said "OK SCATTER!" oh is name was fred.

No worries, still have sportbike cyberspace elsewhere!

So Fla where ya at??????????????????????????

Goose
:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm here. Some warning would have been nice. I was suppose to have some guy polish my wheels for me but never got his # or E-mail address. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to do it myself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
madkat373 said:
woohoo! we got a florida forum!

*you only need two things WD-40 and duct tape. if doesn't move and should, use WD-40. if it moves and shouldn't, use the tape*

Hey madkat.....what about ZIP TIES....aren't they also on the list of must haves.....they come in handy after crashes where plastic needs temporary help to get home.

Agree?

Goose

·
Registered
9 Posts
MSF I went by the shop where your bike is yesterday, nice bike. I really liked the supercharged harley with the 250 rear tire they were building!! So when do you plan on getting another bike?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rlbol, Thanks man. Im very upset that im selling it, but then again I cant wait untill I get my 2003 GSXR 1000. As soon as I sell my bike and the dealer gets there first shipment of 2003 blue and whites, thats when Ill be riding again. I cant wait...in the mean time, my buddy has a 1991 Ninja 500. Its like riding a lawn mower but hell its better than not riding at all :D . They got some badass custom bikes there. I love the work they do. They had a Jesse James El Diablo there a few weeks ago. They were ripping it apart. They didnt seem to happy with it.

Well talk to you later

·
Registered
9 Posts
How could you be happy with a hand built 70,000 plus dollar bike that you didn't build? :D I went to east coast choppers when i was in LA about a year ago. there were some sick toys there, but then again i am by no means a harley afficianto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rene what type of wheels are those on your gsxr?
how do you like them, and complants,etc..?
I have been looking for some new ones for my tlr, but cant deciede

·
Registered
14 Posts
they are Marchesini's very light but dont hit a pot hole with them or they will crack and they are not repairable but other than that i love the way they look and respond. I would have gone with a set of OZ wheels but they were not out yet when i bought these, but i will go with the OZ on my future 2003 GSXR1000:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have also looked in to the oz wheels as well, and thought the weight savings was not as much as the ones you have. The oz's look nice though. both seem to be about the same price as well, so i am not real sure on which ones yet. but thanks for your input. There was a real nice silver GSXR at hotters on wed. night that had the oz's, very nice!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad to see some Florida guys on here.
I'm from Lake Placid and Just got into sport bikes.
I've got a 2002 blue YZF 600R. I really like it for a
first bike. I'm looking at the 03 R6 for my next bike,
so it looks like a trade in or selling my 600R out right.
Goose, if you read this post answer a question for me.
Since your in Fort Lauderdale I have gone down US 27
heading South on Sunday mornings on my way to
North Miami. By 8 to 9 am after I get through South Bay
I start to see many groups of sport bikes heading North.
Usually 5 to 10 in a group. Where are they going? And
where are they out of? I'm guessing they are all out of
South Florida and riding the Lake Okeechobee loop?
I really don't have anyone to ride with in my area since
it's mostly retirees with those blue blocker sunglasses. I'd
like to hook up with some of those guys are anyone for
some fun riding and fellowship. :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
most of those people you see at that time on Sunday are from Miami. some of them just do strait line racing on us27 and others go do the snake road run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FT MYERS RIDE

MR SKEETER YZF
I READ YOUR POST DUDE I LIVE IN FT MYERS FL WHICH IS SOUTH OF LAKE PLACID IF U COME DOWN STATE RD 27 HEADING SOUTH TAKE IT TILL STATE RD 29 MAKE A RIGHT U WILL PASS OVER A SET OF RAILRORAD TRACKS( THATS YOUR MARK) PROCEED DOWN STATE RD 29 TILL U GET TO STATE RD 78 WHCIH IS RIGHT BEFORE AN OVER PASS BRIDGE AND YOU WILL SEE A( GAS STATION) ON YOUR RIGHT SIDE AT THAT CORNER U MAKE A RIGHT AND FOLLOW STATE RD 78 ALL THE WAY U WILL END UP AT STATE RD 31 MAKE A LEFT PROCEED TO YOUR 1ST SHARP RIGHT ( STOP SIGN ) WILL BE TO YOUR LEFT AND TO YOUR RIGHT ONCE YOU TURN IS LEE CIVIC CENTER THAT RD IS BAY SHORE RD IF U FOLLOW THAT STRAIGHT U WILL PASS 1 BLINKING LIGHT AND 2 REGULAR TRAFFIC LIGHTS TO YOUR LEFT IS A( RACE TRAC) GAS STATION ALL OF US HERE IN FT MYERS MEET THERE ON SUNDAYS BETWEEN 8.00 AM AND 9.00AM TO TAKE THAT RIDE I JUST OUTLINED TO U OR WE GO NORTH ON( I 75 ) TO EXIT 31 AND GET ON SOME TWISTY ROADS FOR A RIDE TOWARDS ARCADIA WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS STATE RD 769 TO 661WHICH LEADS U INTO SOME NEAT TURNS SURROUNDED BY THE ORNAGE GROVES TO STATE RD 70 SO BASICALLY U DONT HAVE TO GO TOWARDS MIAMI TO RIDE WITH BIKERS U CAN ALWAYS MMET WITH ME AND MY FRIENDS DOWN HERE IN FT MYERS WE GOT 2 RIDES THAT WE ALTERNATE BETWEEN I KNOW I GOT CARRIED AWAY with all these details but try this ride u might like it u can email me at [email protected] if u are intrested in joining us for a ride

·
Registered
391 Posts
I live in Polk City. A one blinking light town between Tampa and Orlando. There are a few other Florida guys around as well. Good thing about here is that out in the sticks, the roads are mostly empty!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts