Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the legends old R1. Made Harry happy and the owner of a well sorted 916.

I mean come on boys ...it's hardly been used now has it. It'd been de-racked to boot. So i had no choice.
All i need now is ............. Oh gawd! will the expense never end.

Cheers

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well well...

Phil,

Remind me not to follow you anywhere.....

Well, not least until the legend has demonstrated that he has still has fark all sense of direction on the new bike....

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

Looks like you'll have to take the end can off tho!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Downgrade from a Ducati?

Wait a minute.... I always hear from Ducati riders here and in other countries say that once you ride a Ducati...everything else seems inadequate...handling, looks and chick magnet capability...

All the stuff about Ducatis being the Ferrari of bikes and it would be impossible to downgrade from one.

So what is the story here guys? Who is the Ferrari of bikes now when it comes to the big boys?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Downgrade from a Ducati?

Wolverine said:
Wait a minute.... I always hear from Ducati riders here and in other countries say that once you ride a Ducati...everything else seems inadequate...handling, looks and chick magnet capability...

All the stuff about Ducatis being the Ferrari of bikes and it would be impossible to downgrade from one.

So what is the story here guys? Who is the Ferrari of bikes now when it comes to the big boys?
Even Ferrari owner's have everyday cars...You just can't ride a Ducati everyday (You might get it wet...:twofinger)

:D :D :cool: :D :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well

I just fancied a change. Had always ridden line 4's in Europe and although i always enjoyed the duc i was a bit too big for it really.
It'll always be the best bike around through the twisties, the handling is second to none...even with a lardy arse on it.

I'm gonna miss it.
I'm now up for trying out the legend that is the R1. Spose time will tell...wouldn;t be surprised if i dont change back to duc at some time !!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hahaha ...

Fark me Big Phil .. arn't we just a pair of old farkin wanka's ...

There would have been a time where we would have chopped in a bike, chick, job ... you farkin name it, and never for a second entertained the idea that we would go BACK..... no, no such thing for young lads ... forward or die .. that was the life ..

Now ... we chop em in and then start reminising (crying in my case), and dreaming of going back to old fashioned, oil burning, 2 valve head non fuel injected mantle pieces .. that would be Ducati's ..

(arf arf .... yeah yeah .. don't farkin bother posting that they have 4 values .. ya bunch a techie nerdies !! ....)

·
Registered
560 Posts
BigPhil riding?

Now that you have a steed more accomodating to your size, are we going to see you ride up to Sepang on it and try to thrash it there anytime soon?

Always nice to have you around!
Then I have someone that can answer my "newbie" questions.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New arrival

The R1 is at home and ready to rock.

Wonder how legend will get to Sepang without the rack!!!!!

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts