Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yates takes out a back marker while passing on an outside line then proceeds to hit, kick and headbutt him when he gets back up.:mad: what an ass. AMA is supposed to look into incident and fines and/or suspensions to follow. :D The father of Fania is pressing legal charges against yates.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Totally agree with ya...he is an ASS :mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
AMA gets one chance, and one chance only to stop this type of behavior. I like to follow motorcycle racing not NASCAR, WWE or hockey.

I I were Mr. Suzuki I'd have a "come to Jesus (or Allah, or whatever your preference) little chat with him" That's not how I would want my company represented.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
snickerz said:
AMA gets one chance, and one chance only to stop this type of behavior. I like to follow motorcycle racing not NASCAR, WWE or hockey.

I I were Mr. Suzuki I'd have a "come to Jesus (or Allah, or whatever your preference) little chat with him" That's not how I would want my company represented.
yeah.. it will be interesting to see what they do. They should give fania his ride for the season and see how that goes!

what a big frikin weenie

·
Registered
407 Posts
GPZRider said:
Yates takes out a back marker while passing on an outside line then proceeds to hit, kick and headbutt him when he gets back up.:mad: what an ass. AMA is supposed to look into incident and fines and/or suspensions to follow. :D The father of Fania is pressing legal charges against yates.

he drop kicked him too! lol What a jackass!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i thought he was throwing one of the most childish temper tantrums i had seen in a long time. my 4 year old nephew behaves more maturely than he did. even the announcers the other day were saying that he should have known better than to pass on the outside like he did.

·
Registered
291 Posts
GPZRider said:
I agree that Yates acted like an ass and should get suspended/fined. BUT, it was the backmarker that ran into him. Yates took a risk that the backmarker would hold his line and he didn't. At any rate, that was the most childish behavior I've ever seen and thought it was an embarrasment. :finger: Yates

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Take me out and I will kick you arss too :twofinger

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Judge said:
Take me out and I will kick you arss too :twofinger
technically, yates took himself out.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
That was a racing accident, no more. Yates behavior was terrible. As far as the accident itself, if fingers must be pointed, it appears that Yates sawed him off too close and crashed both of them, but nothing was blatent enough to call it anything more than a racing accident. In the heat of the moment, those things happen.

In all forms of wheel to wheel racing it's not uncommon for the front runners to complain about "backmarkers". They need to get over it and prove their superior skills by dealing with it. They fail to consider that backmarkers serve a purpose, too. Without someone to beat, to demonstrate their equipment and skill superiority against, there is no show. Everybody on the track is dealing with the same conditions. And lest they forget, they were that rookie at one time themselves. If you feel it necessary, have an after race private talkin' to, give considered advice where appropriate, and then let it go. That's racin'. Yates needs anger management help.:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Aaron Yate's Statement

Yates' Statement on Daytona 200
by staff
Monday, March 08, 2004
Aaron Yates has issued the following press release:

Racing has extreme highs and extreme lows. It almost seems like there's no
in-between when you race at the level that I do. For me, after racing 170
grueling miles, I realized that I had a chance to win the race.

With about eight laps to go, I came up on some lapped riders. I set up to
pass, using the same racing line that I'd been using on this part of the
track all day - in both the 200 and in the 600 SuperSport race.

I came through on the brakes on the outside and in my peripheral vision I
saw a rider stand his bike up. So I got on the brakes harder and stood my
bike up a bit to give him some room. But I was running out of racetrack.

We went down and were sliding toward the wall and I was honestly thinking
that I was going to break both of my legs. Thankfully, the impact was softer
than I'd anticipated. I got up thinking that I'd raced 49 laps with eight
left to go and a second-place finish in the Daytona 200 was down the drain.

I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. But I never had any
intention of hurting anyone. The last thing that I want is for people to get
hurt at the track. This is not the way that I wanted to look back on Daytona
'04. And this is definitely not what I want the race fans to think of when
they think of me.

I'm just so sorry that the whole incident ever happened. And I'm sorry if my
actions offended or disappointed anyone.

Aaron Yates

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Re: Aaron Yate's Statement

daves said:
Yates' Statement on Daytona 200
by staff
Monday, March 08, 2004
Aaron Yates has issued the following press release:

Racing has extreme highs and extreme lows. It almost seems like there's no
in-between when you race at the level that I do. For me, after racing 170
grueling miles, I realized that I had a chance to win the race.

With about eight laps to go, I came up on some lapped riders. I set up to
pass, using the same racing line that I'd been using on this part of the
track all day - in both the 200 and in the 600 SuperSport race.

I came through on the brakes on the outside and in my peripheral vision I
saw a rider stand his bike up. So I got on the brakes harder and stood my
bike up a bit to give him some room. But I was running out of racetrack.

We went down and were sliding toward the wall and I was honestly thinking
that I was going to break both of my legs. Thankfully, the impact was softer
than I'd anticipated. I got up thinking that I'd raced 49 laps with eight
left to go and a second-place finish in the Daytona 200 was down the drain.

I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. But I never had any
intention of hurting anyone. The last thing that I want is for people to get
hurt at the track. This is not the way that I wanted to look back on Daytona
'04. And this is definitely not what I want the race fans to think of when
they think of me.

I'm just so sorry that the whole incident ever happened. And I'm sorry if my
actions offended or disappointed anyone.

Aaron Yates
Very impressive what Suzuki PR came up with over night. What a puss....he didn't even write it. :finger:

Man, he was out of line to do what he did since Faria gave him an inside line. That wasn't good enough for Yates and he had to do his typical Superman move and this time he damn near killed 2 people, himself included. If he thought he was going to break both of his legs, then it amazes me that his thought train went from relief to complete and total loss of restraint in 2 milliseconds. When I have come out of a hairy situation, the first thing I do is thank God I am still alive and relish the fact that I am able to breathe oxygen still. But for Yates I guess it was more like "I'm OK? YOU MOTHER FU$&#*!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!" I don't know about you guys, but when I've had serious wrecks with other people, I always check them out and make sure they're okay. We can worry about who's to blame later; right now let's just make sure everyone's conscious and breathing.

Fuck Yates. :finger: . Pardon my French. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
from my understanding, by attempting a pass, you automatically lose your right of way. the rider making the pass is responsible for getting past safely even on backmarkers. ill try and find the rule somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts