Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a 2001 r6 and was wondering if this yamaha deal was any good? has anyone used this yamaha credit card to purchase a new bike?
i know it jumps up to 17% or something like that after a year or two but it doesnt seem that bad. does anyone know of any downfalls of using this method to buy a new bike? or should i just go threw the bank or credit union?

thanks for the info, jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
BigRig, if you are in the market for taking a loan out for a new R6, I would definitely get interest rate quotes from your local bank, as well as any neighboring CU's that you may be a member of. My university's CU gave me a loan for the min. interest rate available for a $5000-$10,000 bracket, because I go to their school.

Also, think about how long that Yamaha Card will take to pay off. You have to get approved for it first, too.

Just some things to consider :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Yamaha card

I would say not to use it simply because the money you save in the 30.00 payment will come back to bite you when the APR goes through the roof in Jan 02. I bought my YZF about 3 days ago, but went through my bank because the long-term cost of ownership (assuming you wont pay it off by Jan '02) is MUCH higher with that "special"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts