3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second gear wheelies?? What are those?? :D

------------------
I really should be working...

S

·
0 Posts
This morning it was 1c or 33F, It took a while to get the bike going but holy shi*!! What a big diff in power !! The bike was pulling up in 2nd gear! It never did that !!

I love the cold ...

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You're gonna freeze your Husky off. Somewhere around 45F is where I call "No joy" and leave the bike at home. Luckily that's only about 3 days out of the year here.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok squid - what bike ya got anyway?!!

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Don't worry about my husky Ruggy! He's well insulated !! :D

Chris,

It's a BAD ASS Ninja 600R ;) 60 ponies !! YA! :D

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
367 Posts
What's a 1st gear wheelie? :confused: :)

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wheelies? We don't need no stinkin' wheelies! :p

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ooohhhh Boy - here we go. This is such a
favorite topic of mine. The fine line
between a true squid and real rider. Wheelies
are for squids?? UUUrrrggg! Biaggi,
Fogarty, etc - I guess they're Racer-Squids
or is it Squid-Racer? :D

To me a squid is someone who:

A.) Can't ride with the big boys but sits on the gas tank or does the "superman" - please.
B.) Has piss poor judgement as to the place
and time for gettin' onry.
C.) Rides around with broken fairings.
D.) Total disreguard for traffic.
E.) Has 1 inch of unworn tire on either side
but can pull wheelies in 1st gear.
F.) 1st bike was a GSXR1700 which lasted two weeks.
G.) Brags about dropping the bike.
H.) Knows how to go down the highway in a
wheelie but can't knee a corner.
I.) Doesn't ride where there aren't girls.
J.) Does burnouts at stoplights.
K.) Has no clue what a formation is.
L.) Rides up your ass for no reason. (Hello
I know your behind me - there's a good reason
for that!)
M.) Buys the best bike b/c it's the best bike
and not b/c he/she wants the performance that
machine offers.
Etc....

Ok I'll stop now... :D

IMO

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Who said anything about WHEELIES ?? I said it will pull up :rolleyes: in 2nd gear ! Wheelies are for Squids!!! Im a poser!

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
346 Posts
ahahhahaha~! :D :D that is so tru about squids.. i cant say ima great canyon runner cuz im pretty new at running. but i can get the bike all the way over in the canyons.. *no chicken strips* Squids.. what a funny topic. i hate when sitting at a light and some high school kid in his big ass daddy bought ride is like do burnout.. im like *you gonna buy me a new tire?* hehe. :D wheelies are funn, but i gotta say. i havent' master them yet.. and chris y2k r1, what you mean your first bike is a gsxr 1700?? :D :D.. anyhow.. you kow your a real squid if you ride and still got 1in chicken strips on your tires.. cuz even when i get new tires and ride around the street for alittle while.. i have less than half and inch strips of older rubber closer to a quarter of an inch. anyhow.. squid or canyon dog.. ride safe..

jos F the Goldenboy

------------------
Some day, i'll ride like all the famed riders of today.. for i will be the rider of tommorrow.. :D:D, cuz as of today.. i have only three months of riding everyday experience under my n*tS.. :D:D

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
Ooohhhh Boy - here we go. This is such a
favorite topic of mine. The fine line
between a true squid and real rider. Wheelies
are for squids?? UUUrrrggg! Biaggi,
Fogarty, etc - I guess they're Racer-Squids
or is it Squid-Racer? :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biaggi and Foggy dont pull wheelies in the pits with a bunch of ppl standin around.. THATS the difference.. And when they Do its only AFTER a race.. Were not talkin racers were talkin normal riders like you and me and anyone else who rides on public streets.

Anyone who judges his or her own skill on a bike by the extremeness of his or her wheeliability is nothin but a squid.

You had a good list, but i think a few crossed over the line and sounded like they came from a squid. so here is MY version.

A.) Can't ride safely with the "REAL" riders but excells at sitting on the gas tank or doing the "superman" stunt.

but always talks about how hard he rides.

G.) Brags about crashing.

wheelie but can't take a 35mph posted corner at more than 40mph. (knee dragging is no indication skill, infact, on the street it is hardly ever "needed" by good riders)

K.) Has no clue what a formation is. And has been known to bump into other riders while in formation. (i knew a squid who did this and is no longer with us)

for that!)(same squid did this also alot.. no longer with us)

M.) Buys the best bike b/c it's the bike everyone else is buying this year and not b/c he/she wants the performance that
machine offers.

N.) Rides an R1 or an R6, (Phoenix, AZ only) this question also could be called "all of the above") Oh hey VYPIR, you are the exception to this rule buddy.

And of course, most importantly i must add IMO

------------------
Fear Green.

(re-edited "E")

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
186 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just for the record, not everyone has curves to wear their tires. :(

Back the subject at hand. Cold air rocks. I love riding when it's cold. I rode last year on Holloween when it was 32 out. I've got one of those Carhart snowsuits. I figured if I crashed it would give me great protection and it kept me warm. When you only get a few nice months a year to ride in Iowa you make the best of the weather. I try to not ride below 50 degrees though.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Those Squid indications are right on!!!!!

We have many of them here, in S.A...

You did forget to add the, "Have extra lighting underneath, so while doing wheelies at night they can see where they are going." Saw it on a Hyabusa, Wednesday night. It worked too, he did the 1st - 2nd gear wheelie thing after leaving the hangout.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
To me a squid is someone who:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO:

Hey Chris, I'm sorry to disagree with the self-proclaimed wheelie king of our fair forum, :D but I don't care what you say, you'd ride your bike with broken fairings on it if you had to. I had some lady bump my bike with her car and crack my left bottom fairing. You can bet your a$$ I was still hittin' the twisties while waiting the two weeks for the new plastic to come in. I can't see as how anyone who truly loves this sport would do otherwise. It's an addiction, ya' know? All this from my viewpoint of course.

P.S. Everything else was RIGHT ON bro...great list!!!

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited September 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:
N.) Rides an R1 or an R6, (Phoenix, AZ only) this question also could be called "all of the above") Oh hey VYPIR, you are the exception to this rule buddy.

And of course, most importantly i must add IMO
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Green, I knew I wasn't a squid! I think you may be right though. I tell some of those guys "Yes the R6 can corner." As a matter of fact you can drag your knee, toe slider, and footpeg, and the the toes of your passenger all at once!! WoooHooo!

I had one guy going because I told him that I couldn't do a wheelie. I didn't want to tell him that I could out do his wheelie then drop it into a corner as he watched my tail light disappear. <<< Oh look I'm bragging about a wheelie, oops made a "squidmark"!!!!!!!!

Squids are great though they always occupy the cops so I can go corner without being bothered.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You guys are "wheelie funny" :D
Cold weather also separates the part time riders from those who want/need to ride year round!!
Also add to the "Squid" list: those who ride without the proper gear on!!! :( :(
Ride Safe.....Ride Smart... :)

Jim

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Posted by Chris_Y2k_R1 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>To me a squid is someone who:

A.) Can't ride with the big boys but sits on the gas tank or does the "superman" - please.
G.) Brags about dropping the bike.
wheelie but can't knee a corner.
K.) Has no clue what a formation is.
for that!)
M.) Buys the best bike b/c it's the best bike
and not b/c he/she wants the performance that
machine offers.
Etc....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A.)I can't do the superman .... Yet! :D ;)
B.)NO, here I'm pretty good,
C.)I did ! , But I fixed them...
D.)I creep to the front on red lights?? Was I wrong ???
E.)And 2nd!!!!
F.)nope
G.) only to the chicks!
H.)Just the opposite!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! I guess I'm not a poser!! I'm a squid too!!!

Actually I was a BIG SQUID last night :eek: :eek:

I was with a few friends, And we went to the motocross show. IT WAS AWSOME!! To see those guys doin Superman's and fender grabs live, along with 50,000 people screaming was awsome!!!!!

So on the way out of The BIG O(olympic stadium), Crowds formed and people were doing burnouts !! So then they saw me on my bike and everyone was cheering. So I did what anyone would do I sad NO thank you!! :D
So then I tryed to get out of that place as fast as I could but my front tire got stuck on some bubble gum ?? ( :rolleyes: People have no respect for garbage cans..) I kept trying to accelerate and I couldn't go anywhere ?? The crowd was cheering me on though they wanted me to get unstuck just as much as I did ! :D Some people even came up to me with a bottle of oil ??? Boy the ventalation system in that stadium is terrible!! You should have seen all that smoke from these people and there cigarettes!!

Oh I'm looking for a new back tire ?? Any suggestions ?? :D :D

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
8 Posts
aaahhhh come on squid! My lowly little 600 pulls second about a foot all the time! And third when the planets are in proper alignment! Cold weather riding is the best, though.The leaves are changing and the scenery is great for those rare slow runs.

------------------

1 - 20 of 21 Posts