Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 99 blackbird with 2 brothers 4to1 pipe and 1 tooth smaller front sprocket. Fuel injection on the bike is flawless but wondering how much remapping it would do to performance. Bike seems to be pretty close to a busa up to top end, but not to concerned with top end anyway. Hate to spend the bucks if it doesnt make a noticable difference. Thanks for any help.

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just put a 4into i tbr on my xx they told me the fi will reset its self, i'm planning on getting a power commander, i doent know when i ordered one but there on back order,my friend is a mechanic for a bike shop he says there worth the money, i hope so it cost me 300 bucks!

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey dave, appreciate the info. I like the sound of the tbr pipe, but noticed on mine the front spring vibrates between around 3000 to 4000 rpm then fades out. Thought something in the motor was rattling till i figured it out. Probably get the power commander also, gotta a busa buddy that needs some competition. Later.

------------------

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
whomever told you the Fi would reset itself is full of $hit.

The power commander is worth it's weight in gold!

& I have ridden the XX & the Highwayabuser & you will never ever convince me that your blackbird will keep pace with a 9.5 second Suzuki....

I see stock 900RRs roast blackbirds all the time & that 1 tooth you went down on the front took about 20 mph off your top speed in exchange for accleration.

------------------
www.rc51.org

·
Registered
47 Posts
does the blackbird have o2 sensors? If it did then it could change the mapping to compensate for the exhaust automatically. Otherwise the power commander is needed.

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well lord duckhunter has obviously mistaken me for someone that really gives a $hit what his opinion his. I didnt say my bird would outrun a busa, nor do i really give a crap if he has seen a 900 beat a blackbird, Ive run em, hasnt happened. A smaller front sprocket reduces top end? What a genius.

------------------

·
Honda Moderator
458 Posts
I made no mistake I made you out to be the poser you are... You are a liar & a wanna-be nothing more.

I have forgotten more about motorcycling than you will ever retain in your miserable excuse for an existance...

You are lame & your slow ass bike makes your pathetic attempt at dragracing an embarassment to all of us real motorcyclists.

you couldn't keep pace with a Hayabusa unless it was dragging you down the track with a chain.

------------------
www.rc51.org

P

·
0 Posts
Gonna shut this one down before it gets even more out of hand. Can't believe we didn't notice this little childish spat before now.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.