Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through my service manual because of a problem with the front brake sensor. Anyway, I noticed that it said the fuel tank capacity was 4.5 US gal or 3.7 Imp gal and the reserve is .8 US/0.7 Imp. If it has a capacity of 4.5 US, why does my gas tank take around 3.6-7 gallons right after I hit reserve?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn.. I didn't even think of that. :( They have the fuel capacity and reserve tank on different lines so I just assumed they were separate and made an ass of myself. :crying: :laughing:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
...I just assumed they were separate and made an ass of myself...
Don't look at it that way. You're being too hard on yourself.

Consider the fact that you've brought a bit of humour to a guy who's working on a Saturday afternoon. :p

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cookeetree said:
Don't look at it that way. You're being too hard on yourself.

Consider the fact that you've brought a bit of humour to a guy who's working on a Saturday afternoon. :p
Oh, so now I'm just the forum jester am I? A mere tool for everyone's amusement for their ridiculing enjoyment? :twofinger

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Oh, so now I'm just the forum jester am I? A mere tool for everyone's amusement for their ridiculing enjoyment? :twofinger
Well, it's now several nights later and I'm giggling as I read it. Apparently it's a gift that keeps on giving.;) :D

Hey it's....:) a mistake that......:D any one of us might.....:laughing: :laughing: have made.:D :laughing: :D :laughing: :thumbs2:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Maybe I should just quick delete the thread before anyone else sees it. :eek:
Don't you have some white-out handy? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
I'll just use that handy eraser thing from Paint!
I have a power roller I could lend you. Better yet, forward it to me. I'll lather it up with some latex and fire it right back. Keep the wet paint signs on it for at least a day or two.

What say we quit this sometime........ like NOW!:D

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Atleast your not the guy on the BMW forum asking why his RPM wasn't at 0 when the engine was on and thought something was seriously wrong. Everyone on the site told him to take it to a dealership. 400 bucks later and a good amounts of laugh from the mechanics, the guy took a crash course of what a car is.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
JBaz said:
Atleast your not the guy on the BMW forum asking why his RPM wasn't at 0 when the engine was on and thought something was seriously wrong. Everyone on the site told him to take it to a dealership. 400 bucks later and a good amounts of laugh from the mechanics, the guy took a crash course of what a car is.
LOL... A few weeks ago a guy brought his lincoln to a mechanic (I was at the shop at the time) he claims something is wrong. He get in the car, starts the engine, and revs is all the way to the limiter, and wants to know why its cutting out when it hits redline...

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
A blond in a Volkswagon goes to a service station and asks the attendant if he would check the oil.

Not thinking the attendant opens the front hood and the lady exclaims "Someone stole my engine!".

Not saying a word the attendant goes around to the back and pops the lid. The lady exclaims "Those Germans they think of everything they put a spare in the trunk"

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
A blonde lady goes into an auto parts store and asks for a seven-ten cap. All the clerks look at each other.

One says, "What's a seven-ten cap?"

She says, "You know, it's right on the engine. Mine got lost some how and I need a new one."

"What kind of a car is it on?" the clerk asked.

"My 1999 Chevrolet."

Still puzzled, he asks, "OK, how big is it?"

She makes a circle with her hands about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.

The clerk asks, "What does it do?"

"I don't know, but its always been there."

By now, the manager has come over. He hands the lady a note pad and asks her if she could draw a picture of it. The customer carefully draws a circle about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. In the center she writes "710."

The guys behind the counter, who are looking at the drawing upside down, can barely control their laughter as the boss walks to a shelf, grabs an OIL cap and puts in on the counter.

"That's it!" the lady says. "How much?"

"It's on the house," the manager replied. "Drive safely."

·
Registered
19 Posts
cookeetree said:
A blonde lady goes into an auto parts store and asks for a seven-ten cap. All the clerks look at each other.

One says, "What's a seven-ten cap?"

She says, "You know, it's right on the engine. Mine got lost some how and I need a new one."

"What kind of a car is it on?" the clerk asked.

"My 1999 Chevrolet."

Still puzzled, he asks, "OK, how big is it?"

She makes a circle with her hands about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.

The clerk asks, "What does it do?"

"I don't know, but its always been there."

By now, the manager has come over. He hands the lady a note pad and asks her if she could draw a picture of it. The customer carefully draws a circle about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. In the center she writes "710."

The guys behind the counter, who are looking at the drawing upside down, can barely control their laughter as the boss walks to a shelf, grabs an OIL cap and puts in on the counter.

"That's it!" the lady says. "How much?"

"It's on the house," the manager replied. "Drive safely."
lol heard the one about the Datsun 35 oz water pump

(350 Z)

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
87vert said:
lol heard the one about the Datsun 35 oz water pump

(350 Z)
Yeah, I know it's old, it just seemed to fit into the topic.

I haven't heard the 35 oz one. Probably because we're on the metric system here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts