Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm from Fraser, MI and will be returning there here in about a week after I finish exams (at school at MI Tech.)

So anyways I took the MSF in Port Huron last summer and got my endorsement. I couldn't line up a good bike in time before I went up to school and want to pick one up as soon as I get back.

Look for a used sportbike. Would like a 500cc+ and can't afford anything more than $3250. I have seen a lot of 250's out there but can't afford to upgrade in just a year or so.

Have been looking at a lot of nice YZF's and CBR's. All I really care about is a nice bike that runs great. Nothing thats been down hard or has any major damage. No salvage, scapped, or un-clear titles. Not really looking for a stunt or naked bike. Looks matter to a degree.

Just post a reply or email me at [email protected] if you got something you would like to sell or know someone who does.

I'll probably want to join Redline so I got a group of people to ride with... how do I go about that?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
xboxdynasty said:

I'll probably want to join Redline so I got a group of people to ride with... how do I go about that?
Just send me about $500 and you're in ;)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
There is a Monster for sale I can check on. It is a 750 with a 900 engine and alot of other goodies.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: WTB first bike

LuckyStrike said:
Just send me about $500 and you're in ;)
Hmm... must be some club lol. I'll send you the money tonight that makes my budget 2750 I believe. LOL JK keep 'em coming.

The monster sound's interesting but IDK if i want to start with something so powerful. I would like to survive until my sophomore year.

Anyways I don't know if there is a term but i am looking for a classic style street bike with all the farings and the motor tucked in there nice. Also, the bars just sticking out behind the small windshield. That's kinda why I was saying CBR's and YZF's.

Can't wait to find it thanks...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Trust me...a 900cc Monster is not all that powerful...but very torque filled :)

it is up to you...but they are great starter bikes...very user friendly and tons of fun to ride

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
Who cares if you can ride it....you get to wear a really cool jacket!

Very true.....and do not forget about t-shirts...Ducati has some killer ones.....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
My first bike was a 750 Monster and I miss it everyday.... It was way more fun to ride than my Ninja

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah... I would consider the monster if its in my price range worth a look at least. I'm still loyal to my CBR's YZF's and Ninjas... a nice ninja 5 would probably be the place to start.

J

·
0 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
yeah... I would consider the monster if its in my price range worth a look at least. I'm still loyal to my CBR's YZF's and Ninjas... a nice ninja 5 would probably be the place to start.
Ninja 5 as a start.. pffft, dude... Buy a Sv650 and smile...

J

·
0 Posts
linkinpark0726 said:
That is because you haven't taken your ninja to the track :)

-Nick

Grrreeeeatttt.... and I'm at the track how much?... I was at the track today, BUT, riding MX...

·
Registered
267 Posts
jackdrinker said:
Ninja 5 as a start.. pffft, dude... Buy a Sv650 and smile...
SV650 (or the faired SV650S) is highly recommended by people....plus it's got the cool V-twin sound...it's becoming the modern day Hawk GT for the club racers.....I know a couple guys with them and they really like them...

Justin

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Apps said:
SV650 (or the faired SV650S) is highly recommended by people....plus it's got the cool V-twin sound...it's becoming the modern day Hawk GT for the club racers.....I know a couple guys with them and they really like them...

Justin
Yeah alright now all I gotta do is find one. Other than cycle trader .com is there any other good avenues to look for bikes?

Peace

·
Registered
29 Posts
xboxdynasty said:
Yeah alright now all I gotta do is find one. Other than cycle trader .com is there any other good avenues to look for bikes?

Peace
Check my thread. I have a 95 ZX-6E for sale for 2K.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well, I would stay away from the 250s unless you weigh 100lbs.

If you are truely a beginner, a 500 Ninja would be a good start, and you should be able to sell it for what you paid for it.

I have an SV650 (naked one) that I bought to fix up... someone went down on it... but only cosmetic damage. Not really for sale... but everything has a price. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Go grab a "free trader"... Nice stuff at good deals in there..
Keep in mind 99% of the stuff on cycletrader.com is not in the paper book... two different ad types...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alrighty...

I'm looking at someone's Ninja 500 and a ZX. The zx has about 26k miles on it. How many miles can you usually get out of these bikes. At the price I would pay I could afford to do simple engine repairs but probably nothing major.

Tell me what you think.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts