Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike last year with a carbon D&D pipe. This sucker is way too loud and even pops when I let off the gas. Since the bike only cost me 1500 bucks, I am trying to get another one cheap. Does anyone have one they want to get rid of? I am looking for more of a performance one, like the one I have. I might just repack it if I cant find it, but it looks like a crappy job, because the can is rivited together. Plus D&D's are known to be loud. I heard a two brothers the other day and I loved it. I wish they werent like 500 bucks:barf:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have a stock can for free. Its just sitting in the shed.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Montecarl33 said:
I bought my bike last year with a carbon D&D pipe. This sucker is way too loud and even pops when I let off the gas. Since the bike only cost me 1500 bucks, I am trying to get another one cheap. Does anyone have one they want to get rid of? I am looking for more of a performance one, like the one I have. I might just repack it if I cant find it, but it looks like a crappy job, because the can is rivited together. Plus D&D's are known to be loud. I heard a two brothers the other day and I loved it. I wish they werent like 500 bucks:barf:
:twofinger glad ya made it over here...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Re: Re: WTB exhast for 94' CBR 600 F2

jjkGURU said:
:twofinger glad ya made it over here...
Yeah I had to..haha. I figured since the snow was gone, I should start coming over here instead of talking about bikes on HCS. It took me a while to remember my password. Anyways yeah I guess then i will repack it. DO I just drill out the rivits or what?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Re: Re: Re: WTB exhast for 94' CBR 600 F2

Montecarl33 said:
Yeah I had to..haha. I figured since the snow was gone, I should start coming over here instead of talking about bikes on HCS. It took me a while to remember my password. Anyways yeah I guess then i will repack it. DO I just drill out the rivits or what?
Yes, drill out the rivets, the can slides off, remove the old packing, wrap the new packing around and replace the can. I just went to Aco for the replacement rivets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
almightys said:
sorry I forgot to look. I will make sure I do it this evening.
Thanks for the help with the packing, but I dont think it will help. I inspected the can today to see how much work it would be to re-pack it, and I noticed that my clamp has cut my can, so I need a replacement can all together.. So if anyone knows where I can get a can please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also I forgot to mention I am in need also for a set of carbs for a CBR 600 F2 and I believe F3 Carbs will even work on my bike. Some how when looking at my carbs this weekend, my far right carb has a piece broken out of it, right on the side which is causing the engine to suck air around my airbox. I have no clue how or when this broke, but if anyone can help me out with this too. I have my eyes peeled on ebay right now..Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts