Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just watched the donnington races...top stuff.

What i cant believe is Baggy is nice !!!!!!!!!!!! He really is into it.
Laughing and joking even when he looses. He's a different bloke! and really flying on the Suzuki

If there ever was a time to figure out how torrents work it's now:thumb:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mate !!! ..... so very true BP !!

I'm only half way through Monza R1 .... and I had to get in here to blurt about it! Just wait till you see Haga's rear step out on the parabolica ... bet you gasp like i did!

What a top top competition SBK is this year !!

Max really seems to be enjoying the racing nad it is G R E A T to see his fans are still as loyal as ever. Toseland looks like he's got sick of being Mr nice, Haga is like the Haga of old (and bloody great to see him on a Yamaha again), and Bayliss was getting speed wobbles on the straights on the Ducati !!

13 laps into Monza R1, it was still like watching a supersport/ 125 race, except the bikes have 200+hp, were all over the place and the guys actually 'looked' like they were on the ragged edge....

SBK is truely back, and we just might be seeing the swing from Motogp back to the SBK we remember of old !! ....

If your not convinced .... think about 08 when the proposed entry from the Fogarty team running MV's takes place .... Ducati rolles out it's 1098R/1198R for Bayliss .... and oh what would happen if Edwards gets booted from the Yamaha GP camp .. and returns to SBK as Haga's team mate .. ??!! ....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yep has been a great year to date for SBK - glad you guys now get to enjoy the action :D :D

Some good close racing from Silverstone in the wet last night, unfortunately R2 was canceled due to the lovely British spring weather :p :p

The other good series this year is the Superstock 1000.... already running the MV's Ledge :thumb:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I doubt it

Duke's 1098 won't be allowed into SBK unless the rules change ledge

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I read recently that Ducati are a bit pissed that the capacity limit has not been increased to 1200 cc for twins as a given in SBK for 08.

This seems to be the reason there is no '1098R' yet. Their plan was to create a 1198R.

I also read the reason they are pissed is that it is costing them a fortune to keep the 999 competitive against the 4's, as the rules allow them to run a greater modified motor to the 4's, but this means they are only getting around a few 100k's on average for the engine components, compared to a few 1000k's for the 4's....

Still ..... it is an Italian run series Chum, and it ain't no coincidence that since year 'dot' there has never been a time when a duke could outrun it's comitition in SBK, in the real world, yet they have more trophies than anyone ;-)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ferkin brilliant !!!

Finished watching race 1 monza.

All three riders looed like they enjoyed themselves ... compare this with stoney face stoner or personality missing pedrosa ...

The other thing awesome about the feed we are getting is it's eurosport, meaning we don't have illiterate passionless twats commentating, but rather people that have a sense of humour and half a clue .....

Example: During the trophy presentation ..."And I'll tell you what, the lady in the dark hair .... she is simply stunning ..'

It's just before Haga lifts her dress up ... haha !! .. ferkin brilliant !!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
as much as i am pissed off with Ledge n chum turnin this forum into a Ducaki rant forum i have to mention a Ducati related thing.

Just watched race 2 of Assen ( dont like the new track layout) .
Xaus ...what a bloke. Dropped the duc ...held in the clutch and stayed with the bike throught the gravel. ( if they stall its race over cos you cant start em again) gets back on and rides another few laps with a very bent Duc. Drops it again ..holds in the clutch and rides the tarmac. FInally dropped it a 3rd time and gave up.
What a top bloke ...and fer a paella muncher too :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts