Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work I'm heading down to the DPS office to take the written motorcycle license exam. How hard is this thing? I aced the MSF written test and read the Texas DPS motorcycle operator's manual. Should I sweat it?

Thanks,
Chris :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
No. I passed mine on the first try w/o even reading the book. It is all common sence. Post your score tomorrow.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am going to take my rider test today. I have been riding (illegally) for three weeks. I think now it is time. I will post later weather I passed it or not. I have heard that it is pretty difficult.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No, you have to take the riding test as well(at least in KS). I did find out that if you buy a thirty day tag, you can ride legally by yourself until the tag runs out. If you have a metal tag, and only have the learners, you have to ride w/ someone that has a licence. HTH

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I'm not sure how it is in Tx, but in Indiana the motorcycle license system in Indiana goes like this:

- Take written test and get permit. Permit must be held for at least 30 days, and is good for up to one year.

- Once you've had your permit for more than 30 days you take the riding test at the DMV and get your license.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The laws really don't make sence hear. If I get a thirty day tag, I can ride by myself, but if the tag runs out and I get a metal tag before I take by riding test I have to find someone to ride with. What a bunch of crap.

In Ks you do not have to wait the 30days from written to riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
texdoc said:
did you take a rider course or the rider test at the dps, i was curious what they test on...
sorry for the late reply...i took the m/c safety course which satisfied my riding requirment. Followed it up at the DPS office and took the written exam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
got my license

well i went up there monday afternoon around 3:30 and by the time i got through all the lines and took my written, which was straight out of the motorcycle operators manual, they didn't have time to give me the driving, so i went the next morning and it was simple. She had me point out certain parts of my bike, nothing you wouldn't know, and then she followed me in a car driven by someone you have to bring along... anyway i made a few turns, made sure i was looking at every conceivable danger and it was pretty easy... go figure, i still plan on taking the msf course, but i didn't have time... later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts