Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVERYONE seems to hate motorcycle riders now a days, wtf is this crap? i post a question over at ls2.com/forums asking what kind of leathers i should get and i get BASHED left and right saying "another stupid asshole" or pictures of coffins, i tried explaining that were not all out for adrenalin rushes and if they've never ridden a bike in their life i wouldnt expect them to understand why some ride...but no the bashing continues. its sad ppl give others bad names.

:(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Unfortunately, bikes have a stereotype that has lingered around forever. It'll never get completely resolved, but we can all do our parts by making sure fewer people act like a :squid: A lot of people are afraid of bikes, with good reason. We just have to stand by our sport and each other! This is why there's so much comaraderie (sp) between us m/c ists. Hell, on the LS2 forum, it's possible that they are jealous that a stock bike can wipe out most of their cages. :twofinger

·
Registered
471 Posts
yeah, what insanewheelie said. :)

and i might add, always try to be considerate to cages. it's good to be the nice m/c they remember rather then the one who pissed them off.

-chr|s sedition

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Not knowing what ls2.com is, I assume it is a car forum from the previous posts. That being said, just out of curiousity, why did you ask about motorcycle leathers on a car forum? :huh: I would imagine someone would get a similar response from here if they showed up asking how to mod their car out for performence or other car related questions. :2cents: :dunno:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
spicersh said:
... That being said, just out of curiousity, why did you ask about motorcycle leathers on a car forum? :huh: I would imagine someone would get a similar response from here if they showed up asking how to mod their car out for performence or other car related questions. :2cents: :dunno:

ditto

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
The reply I meant to send:
I've seen lots of posts on ls1.com about bikes, and I have to say the ls2.com folks probably have good reason to feel that way. Every thread I've seen is some kid who's starting out on the top-end rides, and isn't interested in better advice; just advice from other 16, 17, or 18-year olds. So, they're simply responding based on their past experience with questions of this nature, I'd guess.

I recommend keeping the real questions to forums that are designed to address them. My :2cents:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spicersh said:
Not knowing what ls2.com is, I assume it is a car forum from the previous posts. That being said, just out of curiousity, why did you ask about motorcycle leathers on a car forum? :huh: I would imagine someone would get a similar response from here if they showed up asking how to mod their car out for performence or other car related questions. :2cents: :dunno:
well i asked here not too long ago and really got about 2 responses. that forum is one of the most active ive ever seen so i thought might as well give it a try, lots of people have bikes over there. and yes i agree there are unfortunately a LOT of kids overthere saying "yeah im ordering my new ninja zx10r first bike" etc... perhaps thats why they hate people who ask anything to do with bikes

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Sykal, that is the case. You might have better luck if you provide lots of background information. Something like (and I'm not specifically talking about you),

"I'm a new rider who has opted for a 500cc bike and am concerned about the quality of my gear. I've looked at brands x, y, and z, and have narrowed my consideration to b, c, and d. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on these, or others that I should consider that have similar characteristics?"

Specificity on forums really helps weed out the moronic answers that are often posted, IMO. The more general you are, the more likely most responses will be useless.

I have watched the Bar forum over at LS2, and you're likely to get lots of "Don't waste your money" responses, but that's the penalty for being in the same place as the current flock of teenage seagulls (read: underlying reference to poop).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts