Sportbike World banner

Do you prefer Scotts or GPR Steering Damper?

• Scotts

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • GPR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a steering damper and I am looking at the GPR. What do ya'll think between the GPR and Scotts? What are the pros and cons of both?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scotts works exactly like I want it to work, the people at Scotts are just what I want to deal with, the workmanship is as top-shelf as it comes. I ride a TLR on tight twist knarley mountain passes that don't have a center line, the mountain wasn't shaped for the road, they just layed down a ribbon of pavement that wanders around the boulders and trees. Before I get to the pass, I'm on a road that is so bad, I'm the only one on it (and that's good), trust me, I speak fluent rough. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Scotts has 3 different adjustments on their rotary for a much more percise adjustment for both slow and fast speeds.. Also on the gpr seems to be a little more cheaper built in quality and they only have 1 adjustment.. I had a dealer try to sell me the gpr dampner but I just cant seem to beat the scotts by all the reviews i had read!

My scotts rotary will be here next week.. I cant wait!

·
Registered
627 Posts
scotts really work. Head shake disappeared on those bumpy turns that I hated. Now I dive into them with confidense. In the 1st week after I installed it I had the scary moment of going through a turn a little to hot and ended up in the rough but the steering never even twitched.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what I like to hear, guys, and, great endorsement Steve, whatever the commotion (rail road tracks, broken pavement, front wheel getting reacquainted with pavement, whatever) just keeping things calm is worth the price, and if it means a save, just once, it's paid for life. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts