Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
A tool poster. A wrench and a set of nuts layed out to look like cockandballs. I like tool, but there is no way I'm hanging a mechanical cock on my wall.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
used brake pads

·
Registered
609 Posts
When I was a kid I really wanted an electric guitar and lessons. My parents, for my 8th grade graduation gift, give me this crap guitar, that their friend gave them, had a missing string, and a book on how to read music. I'm f'n 12, I'm not going to teach myself guitar!

Funny thing was I was spoiled as hell with everything else..they just really screwed up this one gift.

·
Registered
515 Posts
clothes... my family had this problem forgetting what kids normally do: grow up!!! so it never fails to amaze me how they would always get me something too small... every year :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
A pair of cheap leather work gloves. Probably because I refuse to give a "gimme" list to my wife's side of the family. But, in my defense, we've never done that on my side of the family. If we wanted to get someone something for Christmas we put some effort into finding out what they wanted. Which is why I refuse to give lists and why I ended up with the gloves. If somebody doesn't want to put any thought into getting me a gift, I'm certainly not going to make it easier on them. Merry Christmas and Many Happy Returns. :laughing:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Yeah, I f*ckin' hate that, too.

When it comes to Aunts, Uncles, Cousins etc, we give a "Secret Santa" present (it costs too much for everyone to buy something for everyone) and it's not allowed to be more than AUD$25 ($18). Amazing that people will call you to see what you want, instead of actually thinking about it.

I refused to tell my cousin what I wanted last year. I told her to just give me something from the heart. Lo' and behold, she remembered that I have a collection of elephant figurines, so she bought me a really nice one.

Even if someone buys you something you don't want, the fact that they actually thought about it themselves is gift enough for me.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I was kiding about the wiper. :twofingerI actually got her a set and installed them myself.:loser: I also got her a set of tires and wheels for her car, along with a 5hr spa appointment.:thumbs2:

So lets change this thread to the best gift you ever gave/got.

One of my favorites was a used Suzuki TS90 that my Dad gave me when I was about 14. Put about 30,000 miles on it. Rode it from Boulder, CO To Boseman, MT and back before trading it in when I was 16.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
mac020 said:
I was kiding about the wiper. :twofingerI actually got her a set and installed them myself.
I knew they came in pairs but when you said "a windshield wiper", I just assumed the obvious...... Valentines Day's just around the corner.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
A "street fighter" book. Now it might sound cool, but poorly put together and all the bikes where old - out of date, no usefull information. Waste of time.

Oh and on of those damn cards that plays music when you open them...

-M-

1 - 20 of 45 Posts