Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a real quick question i have a 99 F4 my friend has a 99 R6 he can do huge wheelies on his bike i can only get the front tire off the ground like 2 feet or i spin the tire
last night i rode his and he rode mine he had the same results on my bike that i do but i was riding nice wheelies on his it was easy just run it to 6 grand off then on and it came right up i do the same on my bike and it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!i know the R6 has a slightly smaller wheelbase but i dont think it is more then half an inch so whats the big difference?????????? this is the first bike i have had problems wheeling so i am getting a smaller front sprocket hope that helps!!!!

------------------
Did you put a aftermarket powerband in your bike or is yours stock ?????

·
Registered
873 Posts
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but WHAT is the deal with Wheelie this Wheelie that, Wheelie Wheelie Wheelie????

Are we on Wheeliebike World??

I never was impressed with Las Vegas Extremes Videos but the way its been getting lately im about ready to go up there and take there cameras away... geez louise this is REALLY getting old.

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is why i posted this topic worn out topic

------------------
Did you put a aftermarket powerband in your bike or is yours stock ?????

·
Registered
346 Posts
ahahha~!.. sorry, i juss wanted to laugh at how extremely distraught that gentelmen was at readingyour post. I mean man, to actually take time and post about something your not even interested in. hehe.. no offense teamgreen man.. :p;P :D :D.. anyhow. i think the f4.. weighs a lot more than the r6.. i dont know a whole lot about the two bikes.. besides weight differnce.. maybe you should try revvin it even higher..

jos F..theGoldenboy :D :D

------------------
where da girls at?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm not going to get started on this topic but the F4 does not weight a lot more than the R6. It's like 5-8 pounds.

And the F4 has no problem carring the front. I can do it through 4th...

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ratsalad:
Why did most of us start riding sportbikes? Adrenaline, The thrill of high speed cornering and cutting up a twistie road, High speed excitement? All of the above.

No, I just like all the pretty colors.

So give us a break and stop being a "stick in the mud"
(what the hell does that mean anyways?)

"Stick in the mud" was first coined by mud wrestling girls. As you can imagine, it was very annoying and sometimes painful to be rolling around in the mud and suddenly be impaled by a stick. Now you know the rest of the story. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Clark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hellspawn,
To answer your question, I think the R6 has a little more power in the lower RPMs than the F4. On my '00 F4 I roll up to about 7800-8000 RPMs (in 1st gear)and then roll off, roll on, while giving the handle bars a "slight" tug. It should then gracefully come up. Since the R6 can "get up" at lower RPMS, it can ride it slightly longer, and + it has a higher redline. Good luck and be careful.

CBRbUrR

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/meanmachines
Quit typing and go ride.

[This message has been edited by CBRbUrR (edited August 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hello??

I never said i "am not even interested" in wheelies. What i *DID* say is that the wheelie questions really are getting redundant. It has nothing to do with whether wheelies or right or wrong, whether i "like" them or not... try reading the post again...

I personally think wheelies are pretty cool, but in moderation and in the right place at the right time, etc etc. This wasnt even close to the point of my post.

I could tell you how to wheelie in my sleep with all the wheelie threads that have been sewn through the SBW forums.

Time to refill your flame throwers.....

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well said Dave... :)

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT ;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gixxerboy:
anyhow. i think the f4.. weighs a lot more than the r6.. i dont know a whole lot about the two bikes...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CBRbUrR:
I think the R6 has a little more power in the lower RPMs than the F4<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What...do you both smoke crack together?

Gixxerboy: the weights of those two bikes are almost identical; few pounds max difference between the two.

CBRbUrR: The Yamaha actually LACKS power against the F4 at the lower rpm's. The upper revs (11,000 +) is where the R6 shines over the Honda. Until then, the Honda will pull away from the Yamaha at lower revs and is equal at mid. I don't know where you get info from, but I have run against R6's at track (dragstrip) and at street and I can keep up easily. After Factory Jet kit, K&N filter, and Yosh competition pipe, it was no competition.

Just some CORRECT info!!! :D

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

·
Registered
288 Posts
There should be a whole new forum just for wheelie questions. We could call it The Wheelie Zone.

------------------

·
Registered
288 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spitfire:
There should be a whole new forum just for wheelie questions. We could call it The Wheelie Zone.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! That's pretty good. Maybe I should suggest it. On second thought......no.

------------------

·
Registered
346 Posts
:eek:.. i feel like im dodging bullets.. :D :D all these ppl makin cracks at me.. ahaha.. anyways.. i said i dont that much about the two bikes.. f4 and r6.. i was juss tryin to get you guys to cut the guy some slack cuz he asked a wheelie question.. this is a free forum isn't it. :D.. no animal intention here. :D :D :D

jos F theGoldenBoy

------------------
Some day, i'll ride like all the famed riders of today.. for i will be the rider of tommorrow.. :D:D, cuz as of today.. i have only three months of riding everyday experience under my n*tS.. :D:D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Perhaps a "Wheelie Zone" topic might be appropriate.... i will confer with the powers that be....

------------------
Fear Green.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts