Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to vent.

I've mentored more than a few people in my years in IT and one guy has been a continuous nightmare. Weasel told his boss he'd teach a class on a system I'm the resident expert in and is now telling the boss he can't create the training material. You know why? He fucking can't. He's a moron who's been on the system for 2 years and still knows almost nothing about it. Classic asshat.

I hate him passionately. I want him fired and have been documenting all his incompetencies, lies, and anti-teamwork behaviors. What the hell is taking management so long to get rid of him? Its not an overstatement we'd have MORE time without him around! :finger: :mad: :finger:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Have you been here? www.zombo.com

Thank scott for the link :D

Seriously though, I started working at a call center for a networking company. MORON CALLERS is all I can say. One lady wanted to know if her modem should be plugged in to connect to the net. :rolleyes:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little leavening, thanks :thumb:

I feel so empowered now :laughing:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I got a guy like that here. He used to be an instructor at a local tech school, which means that he can talk a whole lot, but doesnt do a damn thing.

So he came thru criticizing everything I've build over the years, and how much better it needs to be done. Got 4 assistants, and still hasnt done a damn thing (over a year now). Wont speak to me either, just talks shit behind my back.

The latest and greatest example, happened a few weeks ago. One of his assistants came up and asked me if I could teach him to rebuild a certain piece of equipment. I agreed, since I dont want to spend my time on that crap anymore, I would rather just design. Anyway, I told him that he has nothing to worry about it, and its all pretty easy, and as soon as we get some parts in, I will show him exactly what needs to be done.

So my great work nemesis (who has no idea what is involved in the procedure) upon hearing this said "Well i think there is alott more to it that he says"

WTF?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Vash said:

The latest and greatest example, happened a few weeks ago. One of his assistants came up and asked me if I could teach him to rebuild a certain piece of equipment. I agreed, since I dont want to spend my time on that crap anymore, I would rather just design. Anyway, I told him that he has nothing to worry about it, and its all pretty easy, and as soon as we get some parts in, I will show him exactly what needs to be done.

So my great work nemesis (who has no idea what is involved in the procedure) upon hearing this said "Well i think there is alott more to it that he says"

WTF?
Most things, if you have a good understanding of them, don't have a whole lot to them. His comment, to me, just highlights his cluelessness all the more.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Basicly the guy was implying that even tho he had no idea what had to be done, i couldnt possibly have either.
I find more and more that my age is seriously hindering my ability to work with people.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I've run into that anytime someone is supposed to do something for me. Apparently I'm just some punk kid who doesn't know what he's doing. :dunno:

It often works to my advantage though. People have a tendancy to underestimate me quite a bit, which enables me to make them look really stupid at very inopportune times (for them anyway). :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Kaw and vash, oddly enough this remedy applies to both of your situations.

Take muay thai/kickboxing/sansho/TKD for 4 months or so. Wait for them in the parking lot, and kick them in the neck. Repeat daily as necessary.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
All these situations apply everywhere you go.

I would think you guys would be u sed to it by now, but then again....it always helps to vent. It's better than stabbing someone. :thumb:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suppose I have an advantage over you Vash. This guy's weak point (at least legally) is that he can be deported..... ;)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Would you honestly consider trying to get him deported simply because you don't like his work ethic?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Stress

The confusion created when the mind over-rides the body's natural desire to choke the living sh*t out of some a**ehole who desperately deserves it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
kanwisch said:
I suppose I have an advantage over you Vash. This guy's weak point (at least legally) is that he can be deported..... ;)
Happens to be my weak point as well. Years of living with the fear that some asshole that wants my job or just doesnt like me can pick up the phone and take away everything I've worked for since I've been on my own are wearing on me.

Seriously bro, I'd like to ask you not to exercize that option. I dont know where the guy is from, but I would guess that would be a far harsher punishment than he deserves.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vash said:
Seriously bro, I'd like to ask you not to exercize that option. I dont know where the guy is from, but I would guess that would be a far harsher punishment than he deserves.
Sorry, I wasn't detailed enough. He has a visa, but it expires this year. He's desperately searching for a wife (which would take nothing short of a miracle to happen) and the company isn't going to help him get his visa renewed.

To be politically honest about it all, its my opinion that if you're not here legally, you get what's coming to you. Great guy (or gal) or not, you're breaking the Law of the Land. Sorry if that's pissy. I recognize the very real need for large numbers of immigrants, but their coming illegally is wrong, period. :2cents:

See, and people call me a liberal. HA!

PS: It is not my intent to carry on an immigrant debate b/c I don't have time. Post up REAL evidence if you disagree b/c I WOULD appreciate some education where it appears I'm wrong.:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts