Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a bike that I should get for the purposes of learning to wheelie/stoppie, take to the race track, etc.; basically, a bike that I can beat up on. :) I want to minimize the wear and tear on my current babies while I'm trying to come up to speed on some stuff, like wheelies! nor do I want to have to worry about laying my bike down while I'm riding on a race track. Can the F2/F3 wheelie?
Any particular bikes I should avoid? Year, make, etc. would be good.

Thanks in advance.

--Tai

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
f2's wheelie and stoppie just fine. if you wanna do stoppies, get a fox shock.

94 is the best year for f2, better forks.

f2's are good bike, get a manual cam chain tensioner.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
old air cooled gsxr's have that habit of blowing up, i'd avoid since they are either not a beater and would cost a lot for what you'd get (track-wise) or ready to go.

fzr600's are cheap, but most people wanna think it'll hold them back.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys; makes sense.
There's a WERA race event this weekend at Summit; I'll be on the look out. Everyone have a great weekend!

--Tai

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts