Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E. just got a 9.43 time at Ubly today!!!!!!! Congratulations girl-:thumb: Guess all that Kung Pow is workin for ya!!!!!!!:D :p :D

Heidi

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
thanks gang.... I was so excited to get that 9.4 i didn't think I could be any happer today.. since after all that was my goal set from Sat :D and things were fallin in place with hookin up and gettin on the gas harder and I was runnin pretty consitant 9.4's and 9.5's with a few screw ups that gave me 9.6's to 9.8's BUT when I had the best feelin pass ever I expected to look down and see at least a lower 9.4 or MAYBE a 9.3 .... BUT MY EYES saw 9.287 and I nearly pissed my pants from excitement... and better yet... Kevin got it all on tape :D YEAH BABY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and just a FYI... I'm still runnin MOTORONLY :eyebrows: AND still have room to improve on that 60 footer that quite possibly could get me a flat 9.2 :D or dare I hope for 9.1 :eek:

I'll be postin up pics shortly...

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
thanks guy :D

as for the 8.9 on motor only .. eek .. I'm not sure.. I spoke to lonnie a lil last night and I might be at the bikes max for times and he even thinks once I spray I'm only lookin at about a gain of 4 tenths of a second... if I want anything more he thinks we'll have to change the gearing some...

I sure wish I could remember what gear I was in on that 9.2 run and where I was on the RPMs... I'm pretty sure I was in 6th but with the rpms around the 6 or 8 range... been cutting it close all this time in 5th with pushin it to not have to shift at the very end cuz I was very near 11....

I ALSO was told Lonnie never got that fast of a time out of that bike without sprayin :eyebrows: now I just gotta repeat that time consistantly and I'll feel more secure about Mike's suggestion on takin her to Milan next year :D

E.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
DreamRyder said:
thanks guy :D

as for the 8.9 on motor only .. eek .. I'm not sure.. I spoke to lonnie a lil last night and I might be at the bikes max for times and he even thinks once I spray I'm only lookin at about a gain of 4 tenths of a second... if I want anything more he thinks we'll have to change the gearing some...

I sure wish I could remember what gear I was in on that 9.2 run and where I was on the RPMs... I'm pretty sure I was in 6th but with the rpms around the 6 or 8 range... been cutting it close all this time in 5th with pushin it to not have to shift at the very end cuz I was very near 11....

I ALSO was told Lonnie never got that fast of a time out of that bike without sprayin :eyebrows: now I just gotta repeat that time consistantly and I'll feel more secure about Mike's suggestion on takin her to Milan next year :D
E.
That would rock if ya go to milan next year.
I love milan, And would not hesitate to go to watch ya race.....
when it's warm outside......and honeys are there from Eastern.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
oh.....and..........uh........
Good job on the track.:) :thumb:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Next year? Take it to Milan for the last event Sat. November 4th;)

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
sonicsbomb said:
Next year? Take it to Milan for the last event Sat. November 4th;)
Oh I'd be sooooo tempted to do that since I'm def in a groove and feelin it right now (even with the shitty rear tire LOL)

BUT I'll be in Portland OR for work - Oct 31st through Nov 5th....
:(

woudln't I need to be doing better times though to be competative in Milan? (which would require me to spray I'm guessing since I can only see myself doing lower 9.2's on just motor or a 9.1 if I manage to get that 60 footer a tad lower yet...)

E.

·
Registered
966 Posts
DreamRyder said:

woudln't I need to be doing better times though to be competative in Milan? (which would require me to spray I'm guessing since I can only see myself doing lower 9.2's on just motor or a 9.1 if I manage to get that 60 footer a tad lower yet...)

E.
If you are actually racing, not just running test and tune. You only have to be consistent not fast to win. Years ago I ran at the old detroit dragway. There was a big guy running a yamaha radian doing 13's. He was so consistent he won the money frequently. Unless you guy's are doing index racing over handicapped racing.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
GPZRider said:
If you are actually racing, not just running test and tune. You only have to be consistent not fast to win. Years ago I ran at the old detroit dragway. There was a big guy running a yamaha radian doing 13's. He was so consistent he won the money frequently. Unless you guy's are doing index racing over handicapped racing.
truthfully I don't know if they do bracket racing there or just heads up... when I went to watch Lonnie race it was headsup...

If I got good enough I'd love to race race and not just test and tune...

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
I'd love to just to get some more experience this year especially on a different track BUT I won't be in MI on that day :p so I gotta wait till next year no matter what.. and maybe by then I'll be doin NOS and in the 8's :D

E.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts