Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered my new bars for my 650R. Got tired of the very upright position so I ordered the bars from SuburbanMachinery.

Hooray for more aggressive lean angles!

They should be arriving sometime this week. :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
nice! dont forget the pics!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my bars in. Now I just have to find some time to put them on. Pics to follow!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the bars on and WOW is all I can say. They make a world of difference. I'll have some pictures soon.

I do however have a serious question. In the process of putting the new bars on, you have to flip the banjo bolt outside the front brake reservoir. Now, after doing that, obviously you introduce air into the line so the brakes need to be bled. I bought a 1man brake bleeding kit but when I attach it, it seems like air bubbles never stop flowing from the 2 front caliper nipples. So...

1) Do I do 1 caliper at a time?

2) Is there a better way to bleed the system?

Right now, the front brake feels like it should. However, I want to make sure there are no issues before I go out riding it. Especially since it involes the front brakes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I figured out how to bleed the front 2 calipers the right way. Here's a pic of the turnout.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's pic #2.

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
wow dude that looks great. way better than the stock bars eh?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
WAY better. The riding position is very close to a RR. And I didn't have to spend over a grand in lowering it for clip-ons.

Next up will probably be the frame sliders I should have bought a long time ago. :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya get some sliders on that thing pronto! be a shame to mess up such a nice bike.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
looks good & agree with a set of frame sliders, but have a hunch in time you might find the urge to change the rear-sets so less weight on the butt & the strain on the back.

I have a '97 Yamaha YZF600r the same as the same make & model on '07 of where I would prefer to lower the clip-ons along with a more adjustable set of rear-sets, but the bike is 10 yrs old & I have a Honda 929 & 954 so I can let the above go by me & accept it for a bike around town.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Slick! I love it when a good clipon plan comes together. I got a few F4i parts from a racer dude last week, two of which are the clipons from a CBR 1100xx Blackbird which mount perfectly *below* the triple allowing me to drop the forks 10-12mm to gain the correct geometry. Its like it was made to be. If you really want an RR feel, push those rearsets way back.. but it doesn't work too well with a high-mount exhaust. Your left leg sortof catches on fire eventually if you don't have the heat shield thingy on the midpipe like me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've looked into the cost of rearsets already and yes, I do want to buy a set. However, rearsets that are out now completely eliminate the passenger pegs. So, if the GF wanted to ride with me somewhere, she wouldn't be able to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts