Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share with someone...

4 months ago, my husband sold his bike. He had downgraded from a TL1000s (stolen) to a 2000 ZX6R, and regretted every minute of that. Combined with him hating Phoenix traffic, he decided that the dirt was better for him for now, on the condition that I allow him to ride my bike on occasion. And being the good wife that I am, (and I admit this was totally calculated on my half) I knew that if I didn't allow certain modifications to my SV, he'd be back in the shop putting too much money down on another street bike within the year. So, the ol' SV has been in pieces for the past month having various things done to it:

Replaced the old rear shock with a '97 GSXR 750 Penske shock
Added preload adjusters to the forks
New Yoshimura RS-3 full exhaust system
Stage 1 jet kit
Pyramid Plastics Rear Seat Cowl
Pyramid Plastics Undertail
Extreme Graphix Bellypan

The forks aren't totally done, but even just the addition of the rear shock has made a noticeable difference in the bike's handling. It's not as soft and sloppy.

The bike had a flat spot between 5k and 7k rpms. The jet kit filled in that gap perfectly.

The exhaust helped the hp, (yosh claims that the bike can now be considered an SV655r), but it is also a lot louder. Shiva finally sounds like a V-twin, and I can be heard in traffic. (added safety measure!) That, and the old system was just ugly.

The bodywork didn't "need" to be done, that was strictly cosmetic. But they look great. And hubby and I did a measure of the work together, and we're still married. That is an accomplishment in and of itself!

So yeah, I'm bragging a bit. I'm so totally thrilled with my SV, I had to tell someone!:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds good!!!
So wheres the pics?Not posting any till its finished and the seat cowl is back on?:D If you post pics with out it ill know things didnt go so smooth:D :p :D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I agree!!! I can't wait to see the pix of the SV now that u are done!!:D Sounds like all the RIGHT things were done to your ride!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D :D :D Thanks all! The bike rides SO great now. And the mpg wasn't effected at all. Even better!

I'll post pics in a few weeks. The bodywork isn't totally done yet, and the rear shock is really, really hard to see. I'm getting some cash in the mail this week, that'll help me pay for the painting...

Woo Woo!:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts