Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to the gun range to-day, driving my truck (for carrying ammo, targets, tools, electronic muffs, four h/guns, magazines, etc is to much on a m/c not to mention the overly steep gravel road) I was surprised to see this very young bear try to make it out & possibly(?) across on the four lane road of Hwy 97.

It was seemingly headed towards the lake, just across from the road, & I had stopped, threw on emergency lights & stopped those behind me in the slow lane.

The young 'un decided this was not the spot so went back to the hill. Reason for wondering where the mother was.

We have had bear before in this area along with a lot of deer.

Fact is the animal lovers are going to have a fit for on a certain part south of Penticton being on east side of Skaha Lake the home owners are allowed to kill a total of four Mule Deer by bow & arrow only starting after Sept 4th. The place in infested with them, cages hitting them, people being hurt. etc.

True this is a new one to me & I have lived here since '63.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Smitty said:

It was seemingly headed towards the lake, just across from the road, & I had stopped, threw on emergency lights & stopped those behind me in the slow lane.

The young 'un decided this was not the spot so went back to the hill. Reason for wondering where the mother was.

We have had bear before in this area along with a lot of deer.

You said that it was headed towards the lake? He's probably after some Labatt Blue looking to play a game of hockey. Probably the same bear! :D

Although, who would be looking for some Labatt Blue is beyond me.

:hurl:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I am wondering where the part of this that is related to MOTORCYCLES, went!!!

You must be a lonely person!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
I am wondering where the part of this that is related to MOTORCYCLES, went!!!

You must be a lonely person!
Moved to the "All Other Topics" forum. Seriously though, if you have a problem with Smitty then take care of it in PM's, don't air it in the forums. You've recently developed a hard on for him and become an internet toughguy, so I'm going to kick it in the ass for you. If you don't like reading his posts then don't do it, plain and simple.

You must be a lonely person. :2cents:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Smitty, can you put a weight estimation on this bear? Just because the bear was small doesn't mean that it was a "cub". Now is the time that many yearling bears are being kicked out by mom to fend for themselves. W often catch yearlings that are about 80 pounds. These bears are on their own for the rest of their lives so that the mother can fatten up and deliver her new litter this coming winter.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Tippmann said:
Smitty, can you put a weight estimation on this bear? Just because the bear was small doesn't mean that it was a "cub". Now is the time that many yearling bears are being kicked out by mom to fend for themselves. W often catch yearlings that are about 80 pounds. These bears are on their own for the rest of their lives so that the mother can fatten up and deliver her new litter this coming winter.
Isn't a cub?...of course not! I know I already said that he was looking for some Labatt Blue, so if he's in Canada, he has to be 18 in bear years. Unless he is an underage drinking bear, which will result in some pretty harsh misconduct, like breaking into people's tents and stealing food. Have you seen the commercial where the bear breaks into the van? He was smashed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts