Sportbike World banner

Without a doubt...

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Gixxer_Dave 
#1 ·
No questions asked, absolutely, I don't care what anyone says, that's the best GP race in over 10 years :p :p

Peddy did good, Stoner was unreal and how about Marco's mugging on the last corner :thumb: :thumb:

AND what about the 250 last lap!!!!! :eek:

#2 ·
Agreed

Unbelievable stuff. The 250cc was just amazing.

#3 ·
All the classes

The 125, 250 and the MotoGP. All were great. Host BC plus Joycie, Grandpa Simon and I were cringing and gasping for air watching the show. Cracking good races and a great track that is.

The guys will surely remember they managed to get on the podium in Turkey taking THOSE trophies home...:p

#4 ·
Amazing motoGP race! Would Rossi have been in the running had he not ran wide in the first few laps? He was about 6 secs behind the winner in the end and probably lost that much by running wide going from 8th to 14th?

The Ducati's sure ran out of steam or perhaps it was more a factor of who was on Bridgestones?

#7 ·
What a belter

Are the new boys showing them the way home?
How come the Suzuki's are shite one week and spot on the week after.

Rossi and co are getting a bit worried. You could see how happy he was in Qatar after the win.
When it comes to riding underpowered bikes with shagged tyres he's still the best. See how quick he was in the last 10 laps of Turkey.
Still amazed by haydons over taking moves in the early part of the race. And how bloody smooth is Pedro...even falls off in style the little bugger.
I just hope Stoner and CV can be consistant at the front.
Only bad news is that prick Ozzie commentator we have to put up with. What a twat:finger:

#8 ·
yellow peril said:
Would Rossi have been in the running had he not ran wide in the first few laps? He was about 6 secs behind the winner in the end and probably lost that much by running wide going from 8th to 14th?

Yes and Biaggi would have been in the top ten finishes if he hadn't retired last year:twofinger

#9 ·
Re: What a belter

bigphil said:
How come the Suzuki's are shite one week and spot on the week after.
You have to think they put some super soft rubber on 'em in a last ditch effort to make it up towards the front, see how quick they faded after 10-15 laps.... CV is no Rossi, but he can go at it and he went backwards at a rate of knots!!! and you saw Hopper in for a new one around the same time.....

Only bad news is that prick Ozzie commentator we have to put up with. What a twat:finger:
He is the real deal when it comes to knobs, never heard him over here, he just turns up at race 1 of motogp. At least they have him wondering around the pits instead of waffling on the whole race :twofinger :twofinger

#10 ·
Re: Re: What a belter

Gixxer_Dave said:
He is the real deal when it comes to knobs, never heard him over here, he just turns up at race 1 of motogp. At least they have him wondering around the pits instead of waffling on the whole race :twofinger :twofinger
Do you get the same commentary we do then Dave??

The Brits are just as bad at the rugby commentary but i always thought the GP commentators were pretty balanced till this knob turned up.:crying:

#11 ·
Yeah we get the same ozzie wanker and an english guy (who'd be fine on his own) :p

Nothing like the good old days with Julian and Keith, weren't they the best ever... They were more fun to listen to than the bikes were to watch :cool:

#12 ·
Commentators

Yeah, couldn't tell ya who it is who does the bikes but what a prize twat.

Having said that - how good was it when I sat down to watch the Aussie F1 GP and who should turn up as their commentator?? None other than motormouth himself.... :D :D :D

Attachments

#14 ·
And?

I did Phil...

But were you also aware that he was also an advertising exec?

He actually came up with the infamous

"A Mars a day helps you work, rest & play"

;)

#15 ·
Past his use by date

and did either of you know he's also a silly old codger??

Don't get me wrong, he knows his F1 stuff and is an all time legend of the sport, but he should head back to his slippers and pipe :cool: :cool:

I do like his all time gaffs, they rate right up there with George Double Ya :twofinger

#16 ·
You started it!!!

Oh good grief....

"This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, and not just up, but down as well."

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

"This has been a great season for Nelson Piquet, as he is now known, and always has been"

"And the first five places are filled by five different cars."

"With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go"

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?"

"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does"

"Alboreto has dropped back up to fifth place"

"As you look at the first four, the significant thing is that Alboreto is 5th"

"I can't imagine what kind of problem Senna has. I imagine it must be some sort of grip problem"

Murray: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool."
James: "Well, that should put them out then."

"Andrea de Cesaris...the man who has won more Grands Prix than anyone else without actually winning one of them."

"Nigel Mansell in second place, behind the two Ferraris"

"And there's a dry line appearing in the tunnel" (pause while he realises what he's just said) "Obvious really as it has a roof"

"...and now, just in case there is any CONFUSION (operative term here) this is the race order on lap 19: David Coulthard leads and has yet to stop; Hakkinen leads and has yet to stop..."

"Mansell is slowing it down, taking it easy. Wait!!! Oh no he isn't! It's a lap record!!!"

"I know it's an old cliche, but you can cut the atmosphere with a cricket stump"

"Into lap 53, the penultimate last lap but one"

"I'll stop my startwatch"

Murray: "Now we go on to another 16 races, the next one is at Brazil, Sao Paulo, in two weeks time."
Martin: "I'm going to Malaysia, first, Murray."

"I¹m in my usual state up here in the commentary box: high tension, heart beating like a trip hammer, whatever that is."

"Senna can see Prost is catching him in his earphones"

#17 ·
My fav

My favorite has to be

" if it wasn't for the 2 cars in front, he'd be winning"

I went to see him host a dinner in Sillypore a few years back and got an autographed biography :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.