Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have added some shots of what I did this winter to my members gallery.

The first is of the movement and subsequent rewiring for my Alarm and CPU. Then yesterday (4/21) I finished installing the integrator. Whew. What a pain in the arse that was. Turns out ZX-7R's are wired a little differently then all other Kawis.

Anyway, I soldered most, if not all the connections, then re-wrapped them. The bracket under the alarm was from the scrap bin. I had to use ties on it since it has no place to screw it down.

The bracket for the CPU is also from the scrap bin. I think that was on my brother's old Ducatti 900SS at some point! :D

I am going to redo some of the taping with shrink tubing, but did not have big enough peices on hand at the time and had to hit the road to catch WSBK from Sugo.

Why all this you ask? My solo tail would not fit very cleanly with all this crap where it was. :twofinger

Go here: http://www.sportbikeworld.com/gallery/index.pl?photo=802

The next pic will be of my front wheel that I stripped and polished and then I will post pics of the entire bike when I get the plastics back from the shop later this week.

Ephrata in May baby!!!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On on the 5th day there was found a wheel!

http://www.sportbikeworld.com/gallery/index.pl?photo=806

This is a pain in the arse and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Lots of elbow grease and scrapping. :hurl: I was going to do the outside of the rear, which is also that late-90's Kawi Royal Purple, but just did not have it in me. Maybe next winter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bob,

FANTASTIC, Can't wait to see it in person and hear all the sortid details.

I won't make Ephrata in May because I'll be in Mexico so we'll have to plan something else.

Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah Bob, I can't wait either to see what you've done with your bike and also check out that alarm system. I always thought about getting an alarm system on my bike. Its a great stress reliever when ever I go into the mall or whatever, I always picture a bunch of kids or a family taking turns sitting on the bike, like its a carnival ride.

I guess we'll meet up in Rockville one Thrusday or have a weekend where we ride your neck of the woods.

Hey Mike, give me a call when your around. Have fun in Mexico!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Derrick,

I am actually in my baltimore office today not that the weather is cooperating. We'll see if we can do some weekend rides (or Rockville) once I figure out my May schedule.

Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I talked to the painter on Tuesday and I will be making a pick-up on Monday. I am getting all the plastics on if I have to work all night!!!!!:D

Pics will follow.

Derrick,

the alarm was on the bike when I bought it. The guy who put it in did a real half-a$$ job of wiring it. It worked but was visually displeasing to the eye. :hurl: At least my eye!:rolleyes:

So as part of the work I soldered all the connections, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway. Riding hilarity will ensue next Thursday and then Sunday to Ephrata. Knowing my luck and sanity it will snow. :finger:

I am surely up for rides up to Baltimore whenever to ride with you guys.

Mike,

where in Mexico? I am going to Cozumel on May 21 for 8 days. :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Riviera Maya. About 25 minutes south of Cancun. I have had a very slight chest cold lingering for a couple of weeks and I have convinced myself that hyot sunshine and cold alcohol (strickly for medicinal purposes) is the only way to get myself back in shape.

BTW, If you haven't seen my other post, I have been thinking about putting Nitrous on my bike. Thought it would be a total kick and a great conversation topic. A couple of friends at work think I've lost it. I think they're planning an intervention...

What do you think?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh! Where is the thread!? I think that would be awesome. I have the recent issue of PB that talks about that.

I understand your problem with medicinal alcohol. Since perscriptions are sooo expensive these days I decided to go the plan way and pay for mine all up front. (All-inclusive at the Alegro baby!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Absolutely, All-inclusive is the only way to go. What's PB? What issue? What do they say? My thread is under the "how to" forum but I have gotten any input yet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PB=Performance Bike. It is a British rag I subscribe to. I think last months issue. I will check tonight and let you know. I read the thread.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bob,

Looks very slick. I guess without a backseat your leaving your girl at home now.

Thanks for the fax, it wasn't good quality so I would appreciate the mailed copy. It looks like a good article which will be great because I'm having a LOT of problems finding solid technical information. I'd love to do the project but I'm not ready to commit $$$$ unless I'm sure I can do it myself.

Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kneeslider951 said:
I guess without a backseat your leaving your girl at home now.
Yeah. She gives me crap about that all the time. However, it gives me a good reason to spin as to why I need to go out and get a bi-posto Ducati! :D

Thanks for the fax, it wasn't good quality so I would appreciate the mailed copy.
In the mail this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
7785??????????????????????? On the swingarm??

How did you clean up the wheel, I'm thinking the clean and polished look might give me something useful to do in the near future??

BTW, love the finished product, nice work!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
apexismaximus said:
7785??????????????????????? On the swingarm??
The bike has been to the drag-strip and they required numbers. I am probably going to take them off in the next couple of weeks.

How did you clean up the wheel, I'm thinking the clean and polished look might give me something useful to do in the near future??
I printed out some instructions from the "How To" forum. Basically 1 1/2 cans of paint stripper, a plastic paint scrapper, some fine steel wool, a can of mothers and a sh*t load of elbow grease!

BTW, love the finished product, nice work!!
Thanks very much. It actually turned out better then I expected!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Bob thats a beauty! I can't wait to see it in person and glide my fingers through it.

Hmmm...gives me some idea on my bike. Except my girlfriend isnt to happy about how much I spent on the new pipes, so I have to wait till that cools down about bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts