Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Meh... I'd rather deal with a bit of snow and posess the ability to excersize my constitutional rights to bear arms. Its near impossible to buy handguns in your state, and dont even think about owning machine guns or suppressors. Keep your warm winters... Ill think of you all whenever I go to the shooting range.

:twofinger

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Move to texas, and you can have the best of both worlds :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ohh great,you think of me when at the shooting range...I can see it now"that rat basturd!" kaboom!! funny..Looks like you may have some info incorrect on buying hand guns..Its not difficult to buy hand guns here,ask anyone on a street corner,lol..kidding aside,its just paper work to get one,two..what ever.No big secret,not much more that getting a drivers license. As far as machine guns,etc,,cant hide behind the constitution on that one. Protecting of ones family,etc is one thing. Standing up on a desk and shouting its my right to have an AK is completely different. If Im wrong then show me one avid hunter that takes it with him. Ive hunted let see now,since 11 years old..whew long ago..been all over..never have seen 1 hunter even showing one. So what would the use be? Ok...on to next,lol Vash,..yea,Texas,Az,Nevada....some day.....too freakin expensive in this damn state,lol.. farmj,its ok bud..Im pretty sure where you are at,traffic isnt any where near as bad as here. Accidents pretty much a normal thing.BTW,I cant complain much..its my business. Auto body. It does get in the way of my bike,bassboat,and family though...alas...ya cant have everything! Charlie

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I got a buddy who goes hog hunting with an AK... I think that statement says just about everything about him.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It's around 75, maybe 80 here today, and you can legally buy fully automatic weapons from private citizens right out of the newspaper.

AZ kicks ass.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok. Better now!

Hit 50 deg. today. Got a good two hour ride in. Had a blast except for the holiday shoppers trying to kill me! Got my adrenelin rush so it's all good.
CrazyClimbr/Vash - I may need some more pic's next month to help me cope

·
Registered
310 Posts
sidewaysducati said:
It's around 75, maybe 80 here today, and you can legally buy fully automatic weapons from private citizens right out of the newspaper.

AZ kicks ass.:)
Only if you are a Class 3 FFL. I was a FFL 1 years ago.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Desert-Lad said:
Only if you are a Class 3 FFL. I was a FFL 1 years ago.
Here are the rules for getting full auto guns and other NFA guns. I got this at http://www.serbu.com/nfainfo.htm

BUYING NFA ITEMS

What the hell is this NFA stuff? NFA stands for the National Firearms Act, which was passed by Congress in 1934. The NFA provides for the registration and tax of certain types of weapons: machine guns, silencers, short-barreled rifles, sawed-off shotguns and gadget guns (which are considered to be AOWs- Any Other Weapon. Obviously, the BFG-50 rifle is NOT an NFA weapon, though there are bills in Congress working to change that). The popular story is that the NFA was passed to help curb the violence of the "Roaring '20s", brought about mostly because of Prohibition. Anyone who knows anything about the way our Federal Government works will realize that with the ending of Prohibition in 1933, something had to be done with all those Treasury agents, and enforcing a new batch of bogus laws was just the ticket. The $200 tax levied by the NFA ($5 for AOWs) was, in 1934, an incredibly large sum. Now it's mostly an annoyance. The bottom line is that yes, you can buy a machine gun, silencer, or other similarly evil weapon (that's a joke, of course...evil is not a trait which objects can possess), provided that you live in a state which allows them. You'll have to jump through a few hoops and pay the tax, but at least you can still buy this stuff. So here is a step-by step guide for buying an NFA item from Serbu Firearms, Inc.:

1) Make sure the item you want is legal in your state. Some states ban all NFA weapons, some ban just certain types.

2) Contact a local Class 3 dealer or Class 2 manufacturer and find out what needs to be done in your state in order to purchase an NFA item.

3) Make sure you can get a sign off. This is the major snag to buying an NFA item. To complete your BATF paperwork (BATF Form 4) which transfers the NFA item to you, you'll need the signature of a local law enforcement chief. Not just a street cop, but the Sheriff, State's Attorney, etc. Said person is not required to sign the form, and in many locations around the country, won't.

4) Form a corporation. This is a loophole which gets you around the sign off. Do this ONLY if you can't get a sign off. The down side is that there are many hassles associated with forming and maintaining a corporation. Another down side is that the corporation owns the guns, you don't.

5) Send money. Usually your local dealer charges a fee for handling the transfer.

6) Wait. The dealer-to-dealer paperwork usually takes at least 30 days, and we're usually backordered to the point where your dealer won't see a gun, silencer, whatever, for 45-60 days.

7) Rejoice when your gun comes in! Welcome to the restrictive, elite and fun world of NFA. Here in the U.S., we enjoy as a Constitutionally protected right something which most nations of the world have stripped from their subjects....uh....citizens. Be responsible and safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts