Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone due during the months they can't ride?
I am having some real spring fever!!!
Can't wait to RIDE:mad:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
When younger (what a wonderful word) I could hardly wait for I was a competitive Giant Slalom & Downhill skier & way back when I live in flat lands I jumped. Also it meant speedskating to even indoor speedskating competition, tack on Amateur Wrestling both Free Style & Greco Roman, along with Judo to coaching Wrestling in my late 30s & mid-40s.

Now as this old age it is indoor h/gun shooting & reloading, fighting the Govt over stupid red tape on f/arms, reading m/c & SOF mags along with the PC. Natch working out in the gym three days of the week. Also on the executive of our Gun Club & am h/gun director-instructor, but can also teach s/b target rifle as I have a nice Walther UIT Match in my gun safe.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Smitty said:
When younger (what a wonderful word) I could hardly wait for I was a competitive Giant Slalom & Downhill skier & way back when I live in flat lands I jumped. Also it meant speedskating to even indoor speedskating competition, tack on Amateur Wrestling both Free Style & Greco Roman, along with Judo to coaching Wrestling in my late 30s & mid-40s.

Now as this old age it is indoor h/gun shooting & reloading, fighting the Govt over stupid red tape on f/arms, reading m/c & SOF mags along with the PC. Natch working out in the gym three days of the week. Also on the executive of our Gun Club & am h/gun director-instructor, but can also teach s/b target rifle as I have a nice Walther UIT Match in my gun safe.

Let's see:

1. Make sure never to piss Smitty off
2. Make sure I am always on his good side

:D

I ride when the weather breaks 50, other then that I sit on it in the garage and make vroom vroom noises. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well lets see. I just bought my bike a week ago, Talk about waiting to ride. I rode my bike about half a foot yestreday in the shed its being stored in. We are supposed to get a foot of snow in the next few days. Good thing I bought new skis in the beginning of the season. So thats my winter sport. But I don't ski the temp is to cold. I'm doing everthing I can to prepare my self for sping. Got me a helmet, I'm going to try new cheek pad before retunning it. See my other post. I just signed up for the MSF, I will be taking that march 20-21st. 30 Days after that I'm supposed to get my Certifacte I can take to the DMV. Register and insure the bike. so I'm looking at the end of April before I'm leaglly riding. Not that I will ride illegaly. Hopefully there will still not be snow on the ground. But you never know with this crazy weather we have had the past couple of years. I still need to get the rest of my gear. I need to pay my truck off this march. I think I'm going to start working more at my part time job. I could use the extra money.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Kriefy said:
What does everyone due during the months they can't ride?

Just got back from Vermont, it was amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is for you Tippmann
:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
:finger: :finger: :finger:

Where did you go? Next time you go let me know. I don't know what part of PA you are from but are you anywhere near honesdale? I'm going to Bellarye this sunday. If its not far from you let me know I'd like to skiing/snoboarding with somebody that I don't have to wait for every 2 min.

I plan on going to killington sometime around maybe early march or late march.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I go skiing about once or twice a year.

I also am on a bowling league. I bowl every Tuesday night. Sometimes I'll go on Sunday to practice.

In the winter I have more time to cook so I try out lots of new recipes.

I use the winter to catch up on all the movies I missed from when it was warm.

And there is always bars and clubs.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I work, and try not to let myself have enough time to think about riding... Although it doesn`t usually work out too well. So I just get a bunch of vids of people riding and watch them, since I`m not the biggest enthusiast of winter sports.:eek: :(

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Where did you go? Next time you go let me know. I don't know what part of PA you are from but are you anywhere near honesdale? I'm going to Bellarye this sunday. If its not far from you let me know I'd like to skiing/snoboarding with somebody that I don't have to wait for every 2 min.

I plan on going to killington sometime around maybe early march or late march.
Hmmm, not sure where Honesdale is, but I'm in the southwest corner of the state. I went up to Killington about 3 weeks ago before the spring semester started with a group of 40 kids in my schools ski club. That's a long ass drive too, 14 hours driving in a caravan of vans rented from Hertz rent a car.

Oh yeah :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
It was beautiful up there, but did you realize that people could survive at -40f without the wind chill?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brand new bike sitting under a tarp. Yesterday I brushed the snow off it twice, and today I chipped the ice off it. I don't know how I will make it through the winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ride when the weather breaks 50, other then that I sit on it in the garage and make vroom vroom noises. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like what i do :confused:
I also snowboard but not enough!!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Haha. your far form me, I can get to killington in approx 6 hours of driving from my house. :twofinger
:twofinger

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Tippmann said:
I went up to Killington about 3 weeks ago before the spring semester started with a group of 40 kids in my schools ski club. That's a long ass drive too, 14 hours driving in a caravan of vans rented from Hertz rent a car.
EdgeRanger said:
Haha. your far form me, I can get to killington in approx 6 hours of driving from my house. :twofinger
2.5 hours door to door :twofinger

·
Registered
460 Posts
monkey said:
2.5 hours door to door :twofinger
well if you that close that means you ridding season is most likely shorter then ours. Where do you live that your so close, Do you actually ski or snowboard. If so I will let you know what week/weekend I plan on taking a trip up there.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
well if you that close that means you ridding season is most likely shorter then ours. Where do you live that your so close, Do you actually ski or snowboard. If so I will let you know what week/weekend I plan on taking a trip up there.
Dont listen to monkey, he doesn't do S*it.:D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Riding is decent there too. Lots of high speed sweepers and elevation changes.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
my riding season is as long as there is no snow or hunting to do. the roads around here are awesome and i compare them second to none. to give you an idea as to where i am, i'm in the Quabbin Resevoir area of Massachusets. i'm 30 minutes away from CT, VT, and NH and 5 minutes away from some of the best riding around. Dad is right about the elevation changes and roads. theres something really sweet about riding a nice set of tight twisties going up and down over som sweet rolling hills.

i ski, hunt, fish, and ride. i do most of my skiing in the mountains of NH.

Tippmann said:
Dont listen to monkey, he doesn't do S*it.:D
fuckinwiseasshole :twofinger

·
Registered
22 Posts
i hate winter. winter is the fun killer.

i've spent most of this winter looking out the window and swearing

dear god i need to move, it's snowing even as i speak

1 - 20 of 35 Posts